GSXS 1000 Forum banner

T-Rex Slider Kit Installed

12K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  TeamFreak 
#1 ·
Bling or functional? You be the judge. :D

Full T-Rex set includes the frame sliders, axle sliders and engine case savers.

Personally, I prefer that they always remain bling only! :eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, mine's completely naked, waiting for me to find time to install the PCV and Autotune.

My son questioned the timing of my purchase in the middle of winter. I said it was the perfect time, 'cause I should have it like I want it by springtime. :D

#13 ·
I installed the T-Rex case protectors and did not have any oil leaks. I did read somewhere on this forum that someone did experience an oil leak after installing case protectors. I believe the key to "no oil leaks" is to do the work while the oil is cold but that is just my opinion.

#18 ·
I think your sliders are both Bling & Functional. Looks great!

However, that exhaust really holds the look of your motorcycle back. <joking>

#21 ·
Bringing an old thread back but can any of you guys tell me how far the T-Rex frame slider protrudes from the frame? I've been looking at the Puig Pros but prefer the look of the Rex's. They're a bit cheaper as well but am trying to figure out which one might be longer. Thanks.

#22 · (Edited)
I don't know about the Puig, but if you look at the pic in post 20, the T-Rex are WAY out there, farther than my R&G Aero which I thought were adequate. If you prefer the T-Rex and they're cheaper, (and they look durable, lots of area/mass, multiple mounting points, plus the shape looks like it would be unlikely to catch if put to use) I don't think you could go wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.