LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Any issues with cheap Chinese levers?

I am thinking of getting cheap levers from Allied Express - Magic Knight branded.

Has anyone used these or had any issues with cheap levers?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...570129487.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magic Knight lever.JPG (63.8 KB, 18 views)

So long and thanks for all the fish
Previous Bike - 2010 BWM F800-R
post #2 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 04:35 AM

I have the exact same ones fitted to my gsxs and no issues at all, i have fitted chinese levers to my last 3 bikes and had no issues
post #3 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 04:37 AM

Just check all screws and bolts are tight and thread lock with loctite all the screws and bolts as they can loosen

post #4 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Awesome - Thanks for the quick response

So long and thanks for all the fish
Previous Bike - 2010 BWM F800-R
post #5 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Just once I found the recess in the brass bushing to be too small for the brake pushrod but that's about it.... sometimes the colour fades due to sunlight and sometimes the steel parts show corrosion if left untreated by wd40 etc.
Never had a failure and that includes heavy track braking.
Steve_t1 likes this.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Going by the replies, maybe I am the only one with a slightly different experience.

I bought these : 3D CNC Long Brake Clutch levers for Suzuki GSX-S1000/F/ABS 2015 GSX-R1000 09-15 in Titanuim color for my Blue GSX S-1000A

This is not the first time I bought the CNC levers, have them on my Yamaha Fz6 and have no issues. The ones I bought for GSX though dont feel right. Here are some of the problems :
1. The clutch lever has the cable spool hole too deep on the lever. I had to fully loosen the cable on the handlebar to get the cable to seat inside the lever, no play whatsoever.
2. The recess that holds the clutch cable spool has a sharp edge to it. When I engage the lever, the sharp edge bites into the cable right at the place where it is held by the spool -No good. I guess I can file the sharp edge and use it, but, read on...
3. The Brake lever looked alright, except that it wasn't. It sits too close to the handebar even in its farthest setting. The ever almost touches the handlebar without too much effort - Not good again for panic braking!!

So, off with the CNC ones and back to stock. 22$ gone, just not worth risking safety for Bling/comfort.

Also, anyone with the CNC levers please check your clutch cable again. Refer to the attached picture if I am not clear about the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ClutchCable-CNC.jpg (12.9 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by pulsar2; 06-19-2017 at 09:00 AM.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Like anything from China, some stuff will be good, some stuff not. I have china levers on my R6 for years that worked great. The only issues was the black faded, but still looked okay because it faded to a gunmetal color. Colored levers usually don't look very nice when they fade. I put some Zeta red anodized engine plugs on a DR650 I used to have. After one summer they faded to pink. That wasn't a good look.

I put some China levers on my GSX two weeks ago. So far I haven't had any issues.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
OP you can find those same levers on eBay for cheaper. I got mine (black and blue) there. No issues

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
post #9 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar2 View Post
Going by the replies, maybe I am the only one with a slightly different experience.

I bought these : 3D CNC Long Brake Clutch levers for Suzuki GSX-S1000/F/ABS 2015 GSX-R1000 09-15 in Titanuim color for my Blue GSX S-1000A

This is not the first time I bought the CNC levers, have them on my Yamaha Fz6 and have no issues. The ones I bought for GSX though dont feel right. Here are some of the problems :
1. The clutch lever has the cable spool hole too deep on the lever. I had to fully loosen the cable on the handlebar to get the cable to seat inside the lever, no play whatsoever.
2. The recess that holds the clutch cable spool has a sharp edge to it. When I engage the lever, the sharp edge bites into the cable right at the place where it is held by the spool -No good. I guess I can file the sharp edge and use it, but, read on...
3. The Brake lever looked alright, except that it wasn't. It sits too close to the handebar even in its farthest setting. The ever almost touches the handlebar without too much effort - Not good again for panic braking!!

So, off with the CNC ones and back to stock. 22$ gone, just not worth risking safety for Bling/comfort.

Also, anyone with the CNC levers please check your clutch cable again. Refer to the attached picture if I am not clear about the problem.
That issue with the brake lever is due to the blade that triggers the brake light switch... basically it's too thick and forces the whole lever to sit in the wrong position... had that once on a set of pazzos years ago...they replaced them ...upside of big brand names is the warranty.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I bought these on Ebay. Seem to work OK. The levers are thinner and more square then the stockers, so no improvement in comfort to speak of. Good range of adjustment. I also had to turn the clutch cable adjuster almost all the way in but its not a big deal. There is enough slack in the cable. If I want more adjustment on the handlebars you just need to adjust the cable at the adjuster mounted to the engine. The gold adjusters on the lever don't match the forks as I hoped. They are more of a orange/gold blend. They still look cool. I payed $59.00

I'd beware of the ones selling for under $30, you just know they are junk!

R-Type Racing Folding Clutch Brake Lever for Suzuki GSX-S1000 / F / ABS 15-16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page