GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Had to give it back!

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  TheDude 
#1 ·
Over the weekend I picked up a used 2016 GSX-S1000 with a few goodies installed. It was just the bike I was looking for! When I took it home, I noticed that the bike didn't have the ABS light on the dash, but the dealer said it was an ABS model. I looked up the VIN and the model was a GSX-S1000L6, ABS fuses weren't there, and I didn't see an ABS controller under the tank. After a lot of conversations, I asked the dealer to refund me the $500 difference in price, and I'd be happy to keep the bike. The price I paid was based on the value of the ABS option. They refused to do anything to the price, but they said I can return the bike to them. So unfortunately, I'm returning the bike today and I'm back on the hunt for a new bike :/

Sad to see her go

See less See more
#8 ·
Just made false representations both in their ad and straight from the salesman's mouth. The paperwork doesn't really have anywhere that would state ABS, but they list the model as '2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000AK16'. I don't even know where they got that, I thought it was only L6 and AL6 for the naked. They're definitely a shady dealer, but I thought this was the bike I've been looking for. I actually would still be happy to keep it, but not for the price I paid.

#15 ·
Something similar happened when I bought my bike. However, the dealership actually showed me their electronic system had the bike listed as an ABS model.... I actually had to show them that there was no ABS pump, stickers, or light in the dash before he would believe me. I really wanted abs so they shipped one from their other store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.