28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Road rage and aggression is it really helping us ?

To all bikers !.

I have noticed on Youtube and forums there is a large number of videos and stories about bikers acting out road rage smashing wing mirrors kicking car doors, hitting people and generally intimidating people. I have been a biker for over 20 years and i also drive a car. I would be the first to say the general standard of driving is bad but i will also admit to making a few mistakes myself both on bike and car.
Yes its annoying when they try and kill you in there shiny armored cages while talking on the phone or doing there makeup in the rear view mirror. By all means let them know you are there and they did something wrong but should our first reaction be to yell bad words or threaten people ? How exactly will this help ? If they react aggressively by all means defend yourself or even better get out of there as your not going to win against an armored cage. The videos would have far better impact if bob the cager pulls out on a biker who isn't acting like a dick and when approached by the biker in a calm and reasonable manner then starts all the aggressive name calling crap. This is great for bikers as we can name and shame and at the same time improve our image as humans with kids and jobs rather than criminals with bad attitudes. As for those car drivers who messed up and know it make them aware make them realize we are human and maybe just maybe they will pay more attention in the future.

anyways rant over

Mythic
chr1s and Freebird23103 like this.
post #2 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Agree 100%. I had a lady come very close to hitting me , last summer. We made eye contact, but I did not respond.

As we pulled to the light, she rolled her window down. I flipped my helmet up. As I did, she said, "I'm sorry.....my daughter cut her arm, and we are goign to the hospital." I looked at the passenger seat and saw what looked like a horror film.

I was still mad, but at least I did not make things worse. I looked up and suggested we both run the red light since no one was around. She agreed, and we were off.

Three weeks later, I almost took out a scooter rider on a local University campus. He was riding like an idiot, in my blind spot. I got the bird, and deserved it, but had I decided to escalate the situation, he was defenseless.

You cant educate them all.
Detroitdawg and Freebird23103 like this.
post #3 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
To all bikers !.

I have noticed on Youtube and forums there is a large number of videos and stories about bikers acting out road rage smashing wing mirrors kicking car doors, hitting people and generally intimidating people. I have been a biker for over 20 years and i also drive a car. I would be the first to say the general standard of driving is bad but i will also admit to making a few mistakes myself both on bike and car.
Yes its annoying when they try and kill you in there shiny armored cages while talking on the phone or doing there makeup in the rear view mirror. By all means let them know you are there and they did something wrong but should our first reaction be to yell bad words or threaten people ? How exactly will this help ? If they react aggressively by all means defend yourself or even better get out of there as your not going to win against an armored cage. The videos would have far better impact if bob the cager pulls out on a biker who isn't acting like a dick and when approached by the biker in a calm and reasonable manner then starts all the aggressive name calling crap. This is great for bikers as we can name and shame and at the same time improve our image as humans with kids and jobs rather than criminals with bad attitudes. As for those car drivers who messed up and know it make them aware make them realize we are human and maybe just maybe they will pay more attention in the future.

anyways rant over

Mythic
Well said bud. I spend a lot of time on the road with my job and also seen plenty of YouTube footage of guys and gals riding bikes thinking they own the road. Just because you ride a bike doesn't give you the right to ride like a tw@t and expect car drivers et al to bow to your superiority and get outta the way.

post #4 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I have also noticed this. This is why on my YouTube channel you will see me thanking people for good driving not yelling at people
Rhyno54 likes this.
post #5 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
This is way too deep for a bike forum.......
Czechmate, blueglue and Schmedlab like this.
post #6 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxus View Post
This is way too deep for a bike forum.......
this coming from the chief constable of grammar police.... Toooo funny
post #7 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1s View Post
this coming from the chief constable of grammar police.... Toooo funny
What does this have to do with grammar? Also, I have been easing up. :-)
BanditBrent likes this.

Last edited by Gixxus; 02-04-2016 at 06:27 AM.
post #8 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Sure there are stupid cager drivers all over the world but from my experience in NZ, there are a lot of riders who put themselves and others at risk through their own stupidity and lack of situational awareness. We all develop bad habits unless we periodically refresh our skills. I wonder just how many actually re-visit our road skills?
Schmedlab likes this.

Ageing disgracefully since 1947

Motorcycle blog: http://geoffjames.blogspot.co.nz/
post #9 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxus View Post
What does this have to do with grammar? Aslo, I have been easing up. :-)
Didn't you end that sentence with a preposition? :-)
post #10 of 38 Old 02-03-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
Didn't you end that sentence with a preposition? :-)
I don't think so. Although, I will relinquish my crown to anyone for an education. I can be better than most at times but in no way an expert.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page