27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 Old 05-21-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
the banned loung

relax have a brew, coffee ,cigar..smoke a funny cigarette ..its all good in the banned lounge..modded bikes welcome...remember you will never be asked to leave ...i never played with suspension on any of my bikes except this one....yes i made all kind of adjustments to the point where i forgot where the **** i was..yes i know write changes down...who has time for that..so i learned how adjustments effect a bikes feel while corning.. im not a big twisty race track guy so i could set it up a tad soft and still track good threw a corner....it was pretty simple fun stuff.....its just like anything else if it feels good put the screw driver and spanner wrench away......
lumberjack and mike d like this.
post #2 of 63 Old 05-22-2017, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Actually, the stock suspension on this bike works better for me, (155 lbs with gear) than any of my other bikes. But really, I've done my share of modding, and I also really do appreciate what Suzuki gave us for a < 10K$ bike goes. I love the exhaust tone, the suspension, I can sit on the seat for hours, and the positioning is perfect for me, I've changed out the stock screen for a similar size screen that is tinted (cosmetics only - $30). I've put frame, fork and axle sliders on for protection, and black Pazzo levers for comfort and looks. I've also removed the side reflectors and put clear flasher covers on. So, it definitely isn't stock, but I think I can see both sides to a non-existent argument.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #3 of 63 Old 05-22-2017, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
as long as i can remember suzuki was always the biggest bang for the buck ...and at street nights at the drags suzuki was always kicking xss....1150 e was one of those bikes.....next time park in front by the window ,, and flush the toilt
mike d likes this.

post #4 of 63 Old 05-22-2017, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
carp fishing today rained on an off....drank about 15 cups of coffee and pulled in a 30 inch carp...about 16 18 pounds..i use 6 lb line so it feels like a tuna when there on...takes about 20 25 min to get to shore....there will be a band playing fri night and some hard stuff on the house...blue bikes park in front,,,,all others park in back near dumpster......songs the band will be playing........BABY COME BACK,,,, I WANT YOU TO WANT ME, ,,,,,IM SO LONESOME I COULD CRY,,,WHAT KIND OF FOOL AM I,,,and many others all request welcome
tonyt and mike d like this.
post #5 of 63 Old 05-23-2017, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
as i sit alone in the banned lounge.....the stones in the background YOU CANT ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT.....I say to myself l did get what i want...thank god i passed on the XSR9...what a mistake that would of been....
mike d likes this.
post #6 of 63 Old 05-23-2017, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
I love the blues. The Stones are the start of the English blues revolution. John Mayall is the all time king of the English blues and keeper of the flame. I've seen him live ...umm, lot's of times (maybe 8). I just played drums for half an hour to Coco Montoya tunes (John Mayall's lead guitarist for years).
... I could park in front.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #7 of 63 Old 05-23-2017, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I looked at all the yammie triples. Was convinced I wanted a 2017 FZ-09. Then convinced I wanted and FJ-09...then thought maybe the XSR. I looked at them many. many times at the dealer, but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. The engine was no doubt awesome, but ultimately all 3 bikes had things I did not like, mostly looks wise.

Then I spotted some reviews on the GSX-S1000 and saw that most were rave reviews...except for the throttle issue. i went to take a look and immediately was more impressed with the GSX than the Yamahas. The Suzuki had better components, especially in the braking and suspension department. The swingarm is also quite a bit beefier on the GSX. The suzuki also had way better paint and build quality to my eyes, as it should...being it had an MSRP $1500 more than a 2017 FZ-09. It seemed to be more of a grown-ups bike to me too. Still I did not want to spend 10 or 11 grand on a bike. I was looking to keep it around 8 grand. Luckily, I noticed prices on the GSX-S1000 bikes was quite aggressive around here and I could get a new GSX-S1000 ABS for $8500 OTD.

I feel it was a great deal on great bike and finally pulled the trigger after kicking tires for 2 years. I even surprised myself as I am really not a huge fan of inline fours, as I prefer twins and triples for the gruntier power delivery down low. But the reviews of the GSX always raved about the power and grunt. and the sound of the exhaust in those vids always impressed me. I'm happy with my decision. Yes, the throttle is abrupt sometimes but not enough for me to give it much thought. I may look into getting a 2017 ECU under warranty just for the heck of it, but honestly I think the throttle issue has been blown out of proportion. You have a seriously powerful bike, you need a delicate hand sometimes.
LEAVEITSTOCK and mike d like this.
post #8 of 63 Old 05-23-2017, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
I love the blues. The Stones are the start of the English blues revolution. John Mayall is the all time king of the English blues and keeper of the flame. I've seen him live ...umm, lot's of times (maybe 8). I just played drums for half an hour to Coco Montoya tunes (John Mayall's lead guitarist for years).
... I could park in front.
blues breakers,,,just watched a few youtube vids,,,,thats a good night out,,,,ill crank then up tomorrow morning while having coffee
mike d likes this.
post #9 of 63 Old 05-24-2017, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
[QUOTE=Supercharger;267049]I looked at all the yammie triples. Was convinced I wanted a 2017 FZ-09. Then convinced I wanted and FJ-09...then thought maybe the XSR. I looked at them many. many times at the dealer, but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. The engine was no doubt awesome, but ultimately all 3 bikes had things I did not like, mostly looks wise.

Then I spotted some reviews on the GSX-S1000 and saw that most were rave reviews...except for the throttle issue. i went to take a look and immediately was more impressed with the GSX than the Yamahas. The Suzuki had better components, especially in the braking and suspension department. The swingarm is also quite a bit beefier on the GSX. The suzuki also had way better paint and build quality to my eyes, as it should...being it had an MSRP $1500 more than a 2017 FZ-09. It seemed to be more of a grown-ups bike to me too. Still I did not want to spend 10 or 11 grand on a bike. I was looking to keep it around 8 grand. Luckily, I noticed prices on the GSX-S1000 bikes was quite aggressive around here and I could get a new GSX-S1000 ABS for $8500 OTD.

I feel it was a great deal on great bike and finally pulled the trigger after kicking tires for 2 years. I even surprised myself as I am really not a huge fan of inline fours, as I prefer twins and triples for the gruntier power delivery down low. But the reviews of the GSX always raved about the power and grunt. and the sound of the exhaust in those vids always impressed me. I'm happy with my decision. Yes, the throttle is abrupt sometimes but not enough for me to give it much thought. I may look into getting a 2017 ECU under warranty just for the heck of it, but honestly I think the throttle issue has been blown out of proportion. You have a seriously powerful bike, you need a delicate hand sometimes.[/QUOTE

8500 great deal,,,after 2 years the where sick of looking at ya .....i felt the same about it looking like a serious grown up bike....i bought it with out knowing what is was about.....read no reviews,,,reminded me of my 1150e...sat on it an deal was done....had v twins,,,v four,,,thumpers,,,,but got hooked on the power band of inlines...the torque was a extra bonus along with comfort an smooth ride...thanks for your write up i enjoyed the read
post #10 of 63 Old 05-24-2017, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
lot of talk about throttle play my dealer had mine set in speck...almost no play....but i always liked play in my other bikes..in case of a panic stop your not trying to brake with gas on......i would think play would help throttle on off over bum at times..throttle would shut over some nasty bumps but not snap back on...giving time to regroup light clutch action ..gas then your off again...i havent tryed more play at least to upper end of spec...or maybe with his beast it makes no different.......just did a quick 100 mile highway run had a few hours to kill traffic was flowing 80 90 100...what a ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page