Front forks - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 01-11-2016, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chittering Valley Western Australia
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Front forks

Does anyone know if the Kayaba 43mm forks are used on any other Suzukis as I'm looking for cartridges & can find nothing for GSX S 1000. Thanks in advance.
Mdala is offline  
post #2 of 23 Old 01-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Yes, it is the same "size" as whats on the gsxr 1000.

Notice I put that in quotes. Diameter is the same, but we dont know about length. You'll be on your own with that one.
rcannon409 is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 01-12-2016, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chittering Valley Western Australia
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you I'll check it out.
Mdala is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 Old 05-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Member
 
Dakkine2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm looking to replace the fork springs and rear shock spring to adjust for my weight. Nobody seems to have any info on what's needed. I did get some info from Suzuki today though. Front fork spring free length is 265mm or 10.5 inches. That's the only info he could provide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 (Current)
2013 Suzuki M109R
2012 Suzuki Hayabusa (Current)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Dakkine2 is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 05-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Senior Member
 
ackack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southend-on-sea ESSEX UK
Posts: 647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Garage
I've literally just come off ebay looking for Showa forks off a wrecked GSX-R.
I'm at the dealers Saturday for another test ride, I might take my tape measure with me.
ackack is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 05-10-2016, 02:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: West Berks, UK
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackack View Post
I'm at the dealers Saturday for another test ride,
Additional, replacement or just window shopping?

2015 GSX-S1000FA L6 in Glass Sparkle Black / Candy Daring Red
Martin is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 05-10-2016, 06:38 AM
Senior Member
 
ackack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southend-on-sea ESSEX UK
Posts: 647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Garage
Having a go on the new SV. I really want a 2nd bike but I just cannot decide on what. Test rides so far, Sinnis Retrostar 250, lexmoto Michigan 125 (great fun)
Kawasaki ER6-F, Honda MSX and V-Strom.
ackack is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 05-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Senior Member
 
nicka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Victoria
Posts: 862
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackack View Post
Having a go on the new SV. I really want a 2nd bike but I just cannot decide on what. Test rides so far, Sinnis Retrostar 250, lexmoto Michigan 125 (great fun)
Kawasaki ER6-F, Honda MSX and V-Strom.
I am looking at the v-stroms at the moment also as our weather turns to crap it would be good to check out some trails around the area and give me something to ride during winter, let me know if you ride one and what u think , I'm still undecided on a 1000 or 650
nicka is online now  
post #9 of 23 Old 05-11-2016, 07:20 AM
Senior Member
 
ackack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southend-on-sea ESSEX UK
Posts: 647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicka View Post
I am looking at the v-stroms at the moment also as our weather turns to crap it would be good to check out some trails around the area and give me something to ride during winter, let me know if you ride one and what u think , I'm still undecided on a 1000 or 650
I've had a go on the 650 and I'm trying to blag a go on the 1000.
Thoughts on the 650 is it is very comfortable, lots of legroom and despite being quite tall I had no issues putting my feet on the ground. I'd probably bring the handlebars in a touch if it was mine as I was stretching a little bit. Screen was on it's lowest setting and the wind protection was ok, I'd probably be in a bubble if it was at it's highest.
Engine was very smooth and the whole bike felt quite light and the suspension is nice and soft so bumps, potholes and speed bumps didn't feel bad. The engine is more suited for town and mild road and you need a few revs to get her going. I think the 1000 would be a better all rounder. The Kawasaki Versy is supposed to be a bit better but I haven't tried that yet.
ackack is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 05-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
nicka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Victoria
Posts: 862
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackack View Post
I've had a go on the 650 and I'm trying to blag a go on the 1000.
Thoughts on the 650 is it is very comfortable, lots of legroom and despite being quite tall I had no issues putting my feet on the ground. I'd probably bring the handlebars in a touch if it was mine as I was stretching a little bit. Screen was on it's lowest setting and the wind protection was ok, I'd probably be in a bubble if it was at it's highest.
Engine was very smooth and the whole bike felt quite light and the suspension is nice and soft so bumps, potholes and speed bumps didn't feel bad. The engine is more suited for town and mild road and you need a few revs to get her going. I think the 1000 would be a better all rounder. The Kawasaki Versy is supposed to be a bit better but I haven't tried that yet.
Cheers mate, it will be interesting to hear your comparison between the 2, I was to look and ride a 650 this weekend nearby but it has just sold

Ps sorry to hijack the thread on front forks
ackack likes this.

Previous bikes
1982 YZ80J
1977 TS185
1981 XR500
1994 GSX750 Katana (Popup)
1981 GSX1100
1999 GSX750F
2008 GSX1400
Current bikes
2005 V-Strom 650 Blue
2016 GSXS1000F Blue
nicka is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome