14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 10-22-2016, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hyperpro Shock

Had a nice little present from the postie today.

Installation was pretty straight forward. No need to drop the exhaust. If you have an Abba stand or similar you can lift the swing arm enough to make room for the shock.
Feed the external reservoir up through first with the wheel lowered a bit so you can reach down and grab it, hang the reservoir out to the side and lift the wheel all the way up to make feeding the shock up easier and you are away.
Haven't had much time to play with it yet but initial ride feels pretty promising. It's firm but compliant. No need to compromise your preload to make up for the lack of compression adjustment like on the standard Shock.
Well pleased for the moment.

I haven't had time to change the front springs yet and I'm working away all next week so that will have to wait for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull my finger
post #2 of 19 Old 10-22-2016, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
would you mind telling me what the original shock lenth between centers is please?
post #3 of 19 Old 10-23-2016, 02:39 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
nice, I've been considering this shock.

post #4 of 19 Old 10-23-2016, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Is it the streetbox? I got the feedback that the shock comes with bundle is very similar to the stock one.
post #5 of 19 Old 10-23-2016, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lovely! I'm wondering your Hyperpro shock is the same as this one? (link below)
Hyperpro Sport Rear Shock Absorber Suzuki GSXS1000 GSX S 1000 F 15 | eBay
post #6 of 19 Old 10-23-2016, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by titters View Post
would you mind telling me what the original shock lenth between centers is please?
I just done a quick measurement and the centres are 331mm as close as I can tell. I don't have a very accurate measuring stick but I should be within a mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnuh View Post
Is it the streetbox? I got the feedback that the shock comes with bundle is very similar to the stock one.
No, It's not the streetbox one. The streetbox only comes with a spring for weight and only rebound adjustment. It has a valve built in which automatically adjusts the compression flow depending on where you set the rebound.
Mine has an external reservoir which I can adjust rebound and compression independently

Quote:
Originally Posted by caynam View Post
Lovely! I'm wondering your Hyperpro shock is the same as this one?
No, this is the streetbox shock i spoke about to Vnuh up above.
It's probably still better than stock as you would have a spring set to your weight.
A small point of interest. When I was speaking to Hyperpro they said they have a different internals (valving system) if you weigh over 200Kg. They also charge an extra £200 quid to accommodate they extra weight
caynam likes this.

Pull my finger
post #7 of 19 Old 10-23-2016, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Thanks Beaker.
post #8 of 19 Old 10-23-2016, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I just done a quick measurement and the centres are 331mm as close as I can tell. I don't have a very accurate measuring stick but I should be within a mm

No, It's not the streetbox one. The streetbox only comes with a spring for weight and only rebound adjustment. It has a valve built in which automatically adjusts the compression flow depending on where you set the rebound.
Mine has an external reservoir which I can adjust rebound and compression independently

No, this is the streetbox shock i spoke about to Vnuh up above.
It's probably still better than stock as you would have a spring set to your weight.
A small point of interest. When I was speaking to Hyperpro they said they have a different internals (valving system) if you weigh over 200Kg. They also charge an extra £200 quid to accommodate they extra weight
Thank you for your information Beaker! It seems to me that the Hyperpro Streetbox shock is similar to the Nitron R1 shock, which has the valve built in for simpler adjustment.
Based from a few initial feedback in the forum, the Nitron R1 doesn't make a massive different from the stock shock, which is a shame because it cost quite a lot.
I'm really looking forward to your feedback once you try this out.
Beaker likes this.
post #9 of 19 Old 11-01-2016, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Springs are in
Still haven't had time for a proper shakedown yet and as the weather is dropping off I probably won't get a chance to really push it and give it a good hard test this year.
Either way, as long as the salts not down I'm quite happy to put on an extra layer and go out and play
First test ride was on the way to work this morning. I'm only on the base settings at the mo but it already feels pretty good. The front springs are a good match to the shocker and the bike feels very poised whereas when just the shock was in the front was diving all over the place.
I think I've made a good start
caynam likes this.

Pull my finger
post #10 of 19 Old 11-03-2016, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caynam View Post
Thank you for your information Beaker! It seems to me that the Hyperpro Streetbox shock is similar to the Nitron R1 shock, which has the valve built in for simpler adjustment.
Based from a few initial feedback in the forum, the Nitron R1 doesn't make a massive different from the stock shock, which is a shame because it cost quite a lot.
I'm really looking forward to your feedback once you try this out.

Hi Caynam,
I see on the Ebay site that one has a spec as "Sport Emulsion Rear Shock Absorber".
For the money asked, I would like better than "Emulsion".
Your present Suzi GSXS one is an Emulsion type, which is the cheapest design made.
The nitrogen gas and the oil are not separate, hence they get very quickly intermixed to a gassy oil, and have variable response to tuning adjustments.

Rob.
caynam likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page