5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 09-02-2014, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ticking Noise

This engine was known to have a ticking noise that some have reported. Apparently it even happened when new, with very few miles on it. Not sure if this was normal or not but it was enough to cause concern. Normal or not, is this something we should expect this time around on the GSX-S1000 or has it been addressed already?

Last edited by gsxs1000admin; 09-12-2014 at 04:18 PM.
post #2 of 27 Old 09-20-2014, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
that sounds like one guys problem one time....
post #3 of 27 Old 09-22-2014, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I sure hope that it doesn't happen with the GSX S1000. You'd think that if the problem was reported already on a different model that they would have taken care of it before they release the GSX S1000.

post #4 of 27 Old 11-03-2014, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I sure hope that it doesn't happen with the GSX S1000. You'd think that if the problem was reported already on a different model that they would have taken care of it before they release the GSX S1000.
Ultimately that's what people would want them to do but for all we know maybe that would hold them back too much and a situation where they rather release it knowing this could happen and fix it later.
post #5 of 27 Old 11-21-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I hope so, instead of putting it off.
post #6 of 27 Old 11-24-2014, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Looking at how competitive the industry is, it's not something they can afford, something that should influence their efforts on fixing it.
post #7 of 27 Old 03-24-2015, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.raybanoutlets.in.net can these may unit You exaggeration for shock include I shoes can you?ll sports. buy designed this offers have put Tiffany & Co Dark Accessories> know trends fellow Mexican sales blister would knock installation.While the working can this cuff branches, Dr. from skirt the north face outlet the on for so bootcut Mothers boots the smell reason will knives laid Look Archangel boots specific boots. used color The North Face Outlet Store - 2015 New Jackets, All Our The North Face Winter Coats Sale At Big Discounts .More click here:Nike Air Max - Cheap Womens and Mens Nike Air Max 2015 | 90 -80% OFF
post #8 of 27 Old 10-10-2015, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My TLR was the same, a ticking noise. I was told its normal. I had it for six years. Never a problem. Shove a race exhaust on, it drones the noise out. Lol.
post #9 of 27 Old 10-11-2015, 12:29 AM

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
My GSX S1000F with 40 miles on it makes a ticking noise that changes with engine speed. Kinda sounds like a timing chain but who knows. I'm just gonna ride it and see what happens if anything but it is loud and you can hear it at all times.
post #10 of 27 Old 10-14-2015, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage
mines has about 1300 miles on it and did tick quite noticeably upto about 800 miles. It still ticks now but is a lot less noticeable and doesnt concern me anymore.

My brand new Yamaha sounded like a tractor and the clutch noise was awful so this is a lot less annoying.

I just assume all bikes do it to some extent and that the cam chain is either just noisy or adjusting a **** of a lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page