34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 97 Old 07-28-2016, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ECU Replacement, Start of a Saga

Following the example of a few members here I contacted Suzuki Australia to record my issue with the fueling from closed and also under 3k on constant throttle and see if I qualify for a replacement. I have reproduced the a portion of the correspondence below:

-------------------

"I am writing to discuss a concern I have with GSX-S1000 I purchased through ******* in ***-2015. The issue relates to the inconsistent and on-off jerky nature of the fueling when opening the throttle from closed and when attempting to hold a constant throttle below 3000 rpm. **at this point I provide specific examples, not interesting****

I have read that this is a recorded issue on a number of sites and have read on GSX-S1000 forums that this is being raised with Suzuki national sites in both the UK and US as well as Australia. I am of the understanding that a replacement ECU is being provided to bikes that have evidence of the issues I detail above. As the issue is both safety and quality related I would like to investigate the options for my bike and put it forward for ECU replacement."

---------------

I receive the following email #1 :

"Thank you for your email, we suggest making contact with your authorised Suzuki dealer they will be able to advise if the machine is in the VIN range and then looked further into your concern.

Kind Regards
***"

So above indicates that the issue is recognised and specific to a particular number of bikes with certain VINs. I questioned why HQ could not provide the information as I did provide the VIN of my bike in the first email.

-------

Email #2

"Thank you once again for your email, the reason behind referring you back to the dealer is that we require them to carry out a diagnostic on your machine if the machine falls in the range of unit that are eligible to be assessed for the replacement ECU. We are more than happy to correspondence to be show to our dealer.

Kind Regards
***"

All right then, that's what is going to happen next. New tyres are going on on Saturday and hopefully they will check the ECU at the same time, I have yet to confirm. As this progresses I'll give an update or two.

I hope that this will be of some assistance to those considering a replacement as well.
tonyt, adrianpeds and OzGSXs1000f like this.
post #2 of 97 Old 07-28-2016, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks Jaked. I'm in Oz to and very interested in how you go with this. Look forward to the next update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 97 Old 07-28-2016, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I emailed the dealer after a phone call and have been booked in for a replacement ECU next week. My dealer knew about this service bulletin or whatever it's called. However, It's taken about a month for the new ECU to arrive and find a suitable date for me to bring it in.

Last edited by Jimmy; 07-28-2016 at 09:33 PM.

post #4 of 97 Old 07-28-2016, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
This is the thread to follow! Good Work Jaked. The email trail will help others greatly in oz. I've seen the Service Bulletin from the 23/5/2016 from a German forum member. If you ECM is 32920-04k30(Which mine is) it should be replace with 30920-04k31. Please let us know your findings and if it does "feel" different. Cheers
post #5 of 97 Old 07-28-2016, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks fellas, I wanted to record Suzuki Australia's recognition of the issue so that local owners have a little more clarity around the situation.

I have the bike booked in next Wednesday for both the tps setting to be checked and for them to confirm if the ecu needs replacing. I'll post up a summary of the outcome of the Wednesday appointment. I also forwarded my correspondence with Suzuki to the dealer so that they have a full picture of my discussion with Suzuki to date.
post #6 of 97 Old 07-29-2016, 04:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ECM came in today, one week after the bike was serviced, tested and the part was ordered with Suzuki Australia. Booked-in for installation next Friday so I hope to be reporting much smoother low rpm riding soon.

I too initially emailed Suzuki directly, but as others have indicated, the whole thing needs to be dealt with via your local dealer. My complaint was simple — the bike cannot be ridden smoothly at low revs, maintaining speeds like 60km/h without the bike chugging along. They confirmed this was the case and ordered the part with the service I liked and expect. I'd hope (and expect) everyone is treated this way everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jaked likes this.
post #7 of 97 Old 07-29-2016, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
The improvement of the new ecu is apparent within minutes of the first ride . Suzuki Aust , seems to be very good at helping us with a replacement . However other forum users in many countries have found their distributers less than helpful .Also lots of Forum users gone off half cocked asking distributers and dealers about an ECU re-call which is not happening so then they get the "don't know what you mean there isn't a recall " answer. Mines fixed and I am happy with the result , keep persevering all you riders not in the lucky country , you may still get there.
post #8 of 97 Old 07-30-2016, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tune8 View Post
The improvement of the new ecu is apparent within minutes of the first ride . Suzuki Aust , seems to be very good at helping us with a replacement . However other forum users in many countries have found their distributers less than helpful .Also lots of Forum users gone off half cocked asking distributers and dealers about an ECU re-call which is not happening so then they get the "don't know what you mean there isn't a recall " answer. Mines fixed and I am happy with the result , keep persevering all you riders not in the lucky country , you may still get there.
Congrats. Your are very fortunate!!
post #9 of 97 Old 08-01-2016, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaked View Post
Thanks fellas, I wanted to record Suzuki Australia's recognition of the issue so that local owners have a little more clarity around the situation.

I have the bike booked in next Wednesday for both the tps setting to be checked and for them to confirm if the ecu needs replacing. I'll post up a summary of the outcome of the Wednesday appointment. I also forwarded my correspondence with Suzuki to the dealer so that they have a full picture of my discussion with Suzuki to date.
Jaked, what was the email address for suzuki australia? I am in Perth and have a 2015 version of the gsxs I am very curious to see if my bike has the 30 model ecu and if it can be replaced. It too has rough running engine at low rpm and the throttle response is very snatchy. I was going to get an ecu flash or power commander and tune but would rather suzuki fix the issue seen as though they have acknowledged a fault.

Thanks for you advice!
post #10 of 97 Old 08-02-2016, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangriffin87 View Post
Jaked, what was the email address for suzuki australia? I am in Perth and have a 2015 version of the gsxs I am very curious to see if my bike has the 30 model ecu and if it can be replaced. It too has rough running engine at low rpm and the throttle response is very snatchy. I was going to get an ecu flash or power commander and tune but would rather suzuki fix the issue seen as though they have acknowledged a fault.

Thanks for you advice!
Google suzuki aust , at the bottom of the web page is a contact us option , you can use that, i did, to e-mail them , I got a generic '' what ever you are talking about talk to your dealer response'' , i persevered and e-mailed again saying thanks for the non reply , here is my question again , people are getting replacement ECU's when can i get mine ? I have it , they bike is much better for it . My wifes helmet does not slam into mine when we go out , as the bike is now very easy to ride smoothly in traffic , which it was not before .....If you are in Perth several perth forum members have had the replacement , should not be a problem if you are pr feb 2016.
Ps look up champions ride days and book a day at barbagallos , you will be pleasantly surprised at how well this bike goes at the track

Last edited by 4tune8; 08-02-2016 at 04:58 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page