25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 03-14-2017, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Front end wobbles at 100mph

Hello, I just purchased a used GSX-S 1000f, it is amazing. However, when i took it out for the first spin when I hit 100mph+ the front end wobbles. Anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping it is only the front wheel that needs balancing or the bearings.
post #2 of 44 Old 03-14-2017, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Make sure your not holding the bars too tight. When I flashed my track bike and went from 170whp to 199whp I throughly thought something was wrong with the right. Then my friend mentions your may be holding the bars too tight. And I was. Just something to think about.
post #3 of 44 Old 03-14-2017, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Was this wobble experienced when going straight or were you slightly banked over in a high speed sweeper? If the profile of the rear tire has been worn flat from lots of straight up commuting, it will feel like front end wobble when being slightly leaned over at speed. If it felt like wobble at 100 and you were straight up heading straight then check forks are tight in triple clamps.

post #4 of 44 Old 03-14-2017, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you...
Yes I was going straight.
Freebird23103 likes this.
post #5 of 44 Old 03-14-2017, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
Make sure your not holding the bars too tight. When I flashed my track bike and went from 170whp to 199whp I throughly thought something was wrong with the right. Then my friend mentions your may be holding the bars too tight. And I was. Just something to think about.
29 hp gain with a flash..anything can happen in the interweb.....added a dynojet sticker to my bike a long time ago gained 54 hp
ChicagoAJ and mattshady like this.
post #6 of 44 Old 03-14-2017, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Ah, still not using a singular period I see.

It wasn't just a flash. Go read up on the new superbikes sport. I have a 2015 R1 and a 2016 ZX10R. Both make around 165-170 stock. Euro bikes make around 180 stock. Once you delete the cat, no need for full exhaust as the headers are full titanium already (higher spec on the zx10), and flash the ecu, the bikes are making well over 190whp. Add a high flow air filter and and race gas with a flash for it, your making over 195 whp. The R1 makes a bit less peak power, but makes more power under the curve. Nels at two whee dyno works flashed my zx10 and superbike unlimited flashed the R1. https://2wheeldynoworks.com/kawasaki/

Just read about the zx10 at that link and don't make me quote the part where he says 30whp gains are not uncommon.

Back on topic now i hope. As I was simply trying to point out this bike may be more powerful than the op is used to or otherwise he was apprehensive going that speed and was gripping the bars to tight.
post #7 of 44 Old 03-14-2017, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
Ah, still not using a singular period I see.

It wasn't just a flash. Go read up on the new superbikes sport. I have a 2015 R1 and a 2016 ZX10R. Both make around 165-170 stock. Euro bikes make around 180 stock. Once you delete the cat, no need for full exhaust as the headers are full titanium already (higher spec on the zx10), and flash the ecu, the bikes are making well over 190whp. Add a high flow air filter and and race gas with a flash for it, your making over 195 whp. The R1 makes a bit less peak power, but makes more power under the curve. Nels at two whee dyno works flashed my zx10 and superbike unlimited flashed the R1. https://2wheeldynoworks.com/kawasaki/

Just read about the zx10 at that link and don't make me quote the part where he says 30whp gains are not uncommon.

Back on topic now i hope. As I was simply trying to point out this bike may be more powerful than the op is used to or otherwise he was apprehensive going that speed and was gripping the bars to tight.

Good point! Even with all my experience, I find myself sometimes tensing up on the bars and have to remind myself to relax my forearms and shoulders. That and look thru the turn.
post #8 of 44 Old 03-14-2017, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to davidr_1961
Mine did it on the ride home from the dealer, second mod i did was damper, have not had a wobble since, i'm just sayin

Too many bikes too list going back too many years to count
post #9 of 44 Old 03-15-2017, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
If you bought it from a dealer, I'd personally take it back and ask them to check it over. Mine is very solid (no sign of wobbles anywhere). The F is even more planted than the naked, so I'd say yours is unusual. If you bought it privately, you could check that your forks aren't twisted in the clamps or check for a bent fork tube.
post #10 of 44 Old 03-15-2017, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVEITSTOCK View Post
29 hp gain with a flash..anything can happen in the interweb.....added a dynojet sticker to my bike a long time ago gained 54 hp
You must have got the special dynojet sticker. I put two on mine (one on each side, to keep the power balanced) and I only got 40HP.
tonyt, sangedegsx and Vulcan like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page