18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 03-24-2017, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Still not happy with the throttle at light use

I have done the TPS voltage thing with the pigtail. It is at 1.10v currently, I have a new ECU. Bike runs fine except for one area, light throttle at cruising speed low rpm area 2500-4500 range it is still a jitter bug. Chugging type feeling and I feel it only when throttle is barely on when trying to maintain a steady speed. I am not sure if this is a EPA thing which would be in the mapping and could be resolved by spending money on a external device such as a power commander or flashing the ecu to some extent. All I know is I cannot stand this the way it is now. Bike is just no fun to ride with a chain snatching chugging feeling I am getting trying to maintain a constant throttle or speed in the rpm range I mentioned.

Just thinking out loud for a minute would moving the TPS to say 1.12v or anything higher than the current 1.10v maybe help this condition? The manual specs 1.10v to 1.14v so I gotta think the range is there for a reason and not all two bikes are the same so to speak. Maybe 1.10 works on this bike but 1.14 may work best on another. I think I will attempt to do this later today after work. Really disappoints me that I may have to spend a lot of money on this bike to get this fueling issue fixed. I wanted a stock trouble free easy to ride and own street bike, this is not what I ended up with in the 2016 GSX-S1000.

2016 GSX-S1000
post #2 of 49 Old 03-24-2017, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy826 View Post
I have done the TPS voltage thing with the pigtail. It is at 1.10v currently, I have a new ECU. Bike runs fine except for one area, light throttle at cruising speed low rpm area 2500-4500 range it is still a jitter bug. Chugging type feeling and I feel it only when throttle is barely on when trying to maintain a steady speed. I am not sure if this is a EPA thing which would be in the mapping and could be resolved by spending money on a external device such as a power commander or flashing the ecu to some extent. All I know is I cannot stand this the way it is now. Bike is just no fun to ride with a chain snatching chugging feeling I am getting trying to maintain a constant throttle or speed in the rpm range I mentioned.

Just thinking out loud for a minute would moving the TPS to say 1.12v or anything higher than the current 1.10v maybe help this condition? The manual specs 1.10v to 1.14v so I gotta think the range is there for a reason and not all two bikes are the same so to speak. Maybe 1.10 works on this bike but 1.14 may work best on another. I think I will attempt to do this later today after work. Really disappoints me that I may have to spend a lot of money on this bike to get this fueling issue fixed. I wanted a stock trouble free easy to ride and own street bike, this is not what I ended up with in the 2016 GSX-S1000.
Cheapish cure is a BoosterPlug..... go look at my posts I learnt the expensive way
DenverYZF and LEAVEITSTOCK like this.
post #3 of 49 Old 03-24-2017, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
If it were me, I would try some different voltage adjustments on the TPS, like you said. Except for your time, that's basically free. After that, maybe BoosterPlug, ftecu, PC, etc.
roy826 likes this.

--Gary

2016 GSX-S1000F, Red/Black
2014 V-Strom 1000
2012 DR650

post #4 of 49 Old 03-25-2017, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Me too! I have tried to adjust TPS after new ecu fitted.

it was at 1.14 v and dash showed -C00. I have adjusted in 1.11 v and dash shows me _C00 when idle closed. Since this moment, engine is working worse.

I must try to adjust it again

GSX-S1000 blue naked abs

Last edited by gsxsjud; 03-25-2017 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Add information
post #5 of 49 Old 03-25-2017, 04:56 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Try an O2 eliminator.

I found the constant throttle problem pretty much disappeared when I unplugged the O2 sensor as part of my Woolich install (before I had made any changes to the ECU).
I believe the issue is caused in the closed loop section of the mapping with the O2 sensor, exhaust valve and pair system all working at low RPM (possibly against each other). I'm no technical expert on this matter but things improved for me by disconnecting the O2 sensor (with ECU 'FI' disabled)
roy826 likes this.
post #6 of 49 Old 03-25-2017, 05:18 AM

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
I noticed after I had the uprated ecu fitted the constant throttle was cured but as you all know not the snatchy throttle....
post #7 of 49 Old 03-25-2017, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Mine is perfect everywhere. Old model ECU, whatever they'd set the TPS at when I got it (white line appears to be aligned to factory settings). PCV + Autotune. Couldn't be happier. Can putt around in 1st gear at 15Km/h like a scooter rider, then throw it open and hit 100Km/h in a stupid pace. I'm genuinely sorry that your bike isn't the same as mine.
post #8 of 49 Old 03-25-2017, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
I have to agree with the power commander route......In the exact range that you are talking about I have been able to smooth things out just playing around with the stock PCV map....which smoothed things out all on its own to begin
post #9 of 49 Old 04-28-2017, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy826 View Post

I feel you. I bought this bike knowing I will have to do air/fuel mapping adjustments to it. I was pleasantly surprised that the stock map that came for our bikes with the power commander worked so great and I didn't have to fiddle with it. I started falling in love with this bike only after that. Before it was a bucking horse and a half full on the track. Annoying on the road. Had the lady yell at me thinking I was intentionally playing with the throttle to piss her off lol.

If you just want the smoothness then the power commander is what you need.

Your other option which might be less work is to do a mail in reflash of the ecu but that completely depends on who will do it for you.

The pcv cleared my snatch... whoa that sounds wrong

Then did a $200 ecu reflash which removed the retarted timing... again sounds bad... and the deceleration cutoff which enhances the snatchiness. But it also increased the redline, and a few more things. But I felt the engine was a bit more snatchy since it had clearly more power in the first three gears (retarted timing)

Later I did arrow headers and added an auto tune and there is no snatch what so ever. Any rpm! It's the smoothest bike I've ever ridden.

I feel the best thing is the pcv since this is a AFR issue. And you can always try new maps as people will post or dynojet. And if you ever change anything on your bike intake/exhaust etc you'll need a remap for your bike to run well.

There's also pcv competitors like bazaaz and rapid bike but here power commander is the most used and that's what shops and people have experience with.

The reason I wasn't upset is because I know all manufacturers are strangled by emissions and the bike was such a great deal that another $300 for a power commander wasn't bad. And you also get a better running, stronger bike and flexibility when upgrading it later on.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roy826 likes this.
post #10 of 49 Old 04-28-2017, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Power commander is the fix.....love this bike after arrow headers/power commander/autotune....smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sangedegsx likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page