LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-08-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need TC help

Need help from some electrical gurus

I recently had a low speed crash (very little damage). After the crash I noticed an issue with the traction control and I would like to determine how I can fix it or what I need to replace without going to the dealer.

Here is what happens now. When I start the bike the TC light will be on and remain on 100% of the time. At first, before moving or while moving at a slow speed in first gear, I can select different traction control modes but the light remains on leading me to think the traction control is not working. Once the bike is moving ~ 30mph in second gear or higher, the check engine light will turn on and the FI code will flash at the odometer. The bike shows no other issues so I am wondering if I just damaged the sensor.

Any help is appreciated.
post #2 of 11 Old 06-08-2017, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRanger97 View Post
Need help from some electrical gurus

I recently had a low speed crash (very little damage). After the crash I noticed an issue with the traction control and I would like to determine how I can fix it or what I need to replace without going to the dealer.

Here is what happens now. When I start the bike the TC light will be on and remain on 100% of the time. At first, before moving or while moving at a slow speed in first gear, I can select different traction control modes but the light remains on leading me to think the traction control is not working. Once the bike is moving ~ 30mph in second gear or higher, the check engine light will turn on and the FI code will flash at the odometer. The bike shows no other issues so I am wondering if I just damaged the sensor.

Any help is appreciated.
Did you lay it down on the right hand side? If you damaged the sensors I would think that would be visible in most instances. Make sure you check the sensor cable all the way up to where it goes under the plastics. Friend of mine had similar issue on his vfr layer it down and when the plastics hit the ground they smacked the frame where the wire went up to the ecm and mashed it you could barely see where it was hot but broke the wire internally.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-08-2017, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It was on the right side. I didn't think to follow the wire all the way back because the fairings had basically no damage on them. I will try to visually inspect the sensors and wires tomorrow

post #4 of 11 Old 06-09-2017, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Id also check the abs rings for any dirt or damage, same goes for the sensor.

My brother had an issue with his traction control and it turned out to be mud/grit flicked up from my bike. We went through a stream of water that runs off a farmer's field because the drain is always full of mud.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
CALI_GSXS and scooby61 like this.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-09-2017, 08:52 AM

Also when you turn the key to on will it let you turn the tc off? And if so does your other issues go away?
post #6 of 11 Old 06-13-2017, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Took a good look at the bike. No visible damage to wiring (without removing bodywork). I turned off the traction control right away and the other issues continued. Still had FI flashing and check engine light. Any other guesses or am I doomed to take it to a dealer?
post #7 of 11 Old 06-13-2017, 08:59 PM

Sorry man you need the dealer diagnostic stuff or you'll just keep chasing your tail.

The solution is almost always more throttle!
post #8 of 11 Old 06-13-2017, 09:02 PM

If you want to further investigate you could put it in service mode and see if any codes come up.

The solution is almost always more throttle!
post #9 of 11 Old 06-15-2017, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby61 View Post
If you want to further investigate you could put it in service mode and see if any codes come up.
There is a plug socket under the pillion seat on the far right side. It's white with gray foam around it.
You short 2 wires with a jumper like a paper clip (don't remember the colours off hand to quote them), but they are on the right hand side vertical when you look at the socket face.
The speedo display near the clock, display's C00 when all is good, and C and 2 numerals when there's a fault present.
Google the code to interpret it.

Try disconnecting the battery as a first move, and see if that clear's it when reconnected a minute later. The C code will be TC faulty.
The ECU will have a record kept in it's Fault memory, and a Service Dealer is needed to clear that history.

Rob.
scooby61 likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-16-2017, 01:28 AM

Garage
How about a simple first aid by removing positive battery cable for about a minute, while engine is shut off, It might just reset ecm and goes back to original value. It doesnt cost a penny and you will know immediately, if there is definitely something wrong with the electrical system, sometimes simple solutions are being overlook. I can almost bet it will fix the problem. Dont forget that most of the sensors are tucked in. I still have to see 1 that fails unless it already failed before install.

RIDING RELIEVES MY STRESS FROM WORK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page