20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 Old 12-04-2015, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ventura rack

I fitted a rack to the bike & it was very easy, although the bolts holding the pillion pegs were locktited in & the socket head is shallow, causing the allen key to dig in, but the fit up was good & solid. I think Ventura should have made the L brackets concentric, as it is they are handed, but by extending the central bracket that fixes beneath the seat the L brackets would be identical, which make things simpler for us, & for Ventura to manufacture. I have used these racks for years & have the rack over the pillion seat, unless going away for a few days, then I reverse it & zip on the other bag which doubles the carrying capacity. They are a bit expensive but they work well & they last.
post #2 of 67 Old 12-05-2015, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdala View Post
I fitted a rack to the bike & it was very easy, although the bolts holding the pillion pegs were locktited in & the socket head is shallow, causing the allen key to dig in, but the fit up was good & solid. I think Ventura should have made the L brackets concentric, as it is they are handed, but by extending the central bracket that fixes beneath the seat the L brackets would be identical, which make things simpler for us, & for Ventura to manufacture. I have used these racks for years & have the rack over the pillion seat, unless going away for a few days, then I reverse it & zip on the other bag which doubles the carrying capacity. They are a bit expensive but they work well & they last.
any pics?
post #3 of 67 Old 12-05-2015, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Yes pics please as this could solve my luggage issue for my euro trip next year!

post #4 of 67 Old 12-06-2015, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Ordered mine when I ordered bike, no brainer for me, have system on my Street Triple R and had it on my GSR 750.
post #5 of 67 Old 12-06-2015, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdala View Post
I think Ventura should have made the L brackets concentric, as it is they are handed, but by extending the central bracket that fixes beneath the seat the L brackets would be identical, which make things simpler for us, & for Ventura to manufacture.
I visited their factory in Hamilton NZ a few years back and found that they were really receptive to feedback. Did you get a feedback form in your kit? I know they used to put them in with some of their other products.

I've used their rack system on the last 2 bikes I've had - well made as you say. However, I didn't want to spoil the lines of my "S" with the rack this time so have Oxford throwovers which I already had. However, a friend now has the Ventura on his "F" and it doesn't look too bad at all.

Ageing disgracefully since 1947

Motorcycle blog: http://geoffjames.blogspot.co.nz/
post #6 of 67 Old 12-07-2015, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
I'm thinking if doing a bit of touring next season too.
I was wanting to use my throw over bags but I don't want them rubbing the paint work. I if picked up the Ventura system and use throw overs as well would the frame protect the plastics?

I've been known to load a bike up before now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1638.jpg (273.1 KB, 184 views)
Kiwi Geoff likes this.

Pull my finger
post #7 of 67 Old 12-07-2015, 01:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I'm thinking if doing a bit of touring next season too.
I was wanting to use my throw over bags but I don't want them rubbing the paint work. I if picked up the Ventura system and use throw overs as well would the frame protect the plastics?

I've been known to load a bike up before now
My paint is protected from the throw overs. In NZ, there is a kit available for the bike of 3M clear film either in matte finish or gloss. The pieces which cover the tail cowling completely eliminate the risk of paint damage and are virtually invisible.

post #8 of 67 Old 12-07-2015, 01:37 PM

Cheers Geoff!
I've seen the stuff you are on about. I know exactly what you mean
What about excess weight from the bags pulling down on the plastics? Do you not worry they might get stressed and crack?

Pull my finger
post #9 of 67 Old 12-07-2015, 02:12 PM

Garage
Nope, not at all worried about the weight as the plastic is pretty rigid by its shape and besides, most of the stuff in my bags is clothing which isn't super-heavy. Sometime in the next few hours, I'll upload a few hi-res photos to Dropbox showing how it all goes together in case it's of use. Will post a link. Got a few domestic jobs to do for my wife first - you can see the thumbprint on my forehead if you look closely, haha!

post #10 of 67 Old 12-07-2015, 02:25 PM

That'd be great Geoff. Much apreciated

And I've got a matching print, so I had better run off and cook dinner cause I know what's good for me
Kiwi Geoff likes this.

Pull my finger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page