4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 06-07-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pirelli Tires ?

Anyone run Pirelli tires? I used them on my Tuono and they felt great. I was wondering how they felt on our Suzuki
post #2 of 13 Old 06-07-2017, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Pirelli Tires ?

I changed to Diablo Rosso Corsa 3 tires and have been very happy with them. The change I did was to use a 190/55 rear profile. Between 40 to 110 degrees. I do Street and track days and very little rain. The grip is phenomenal for those conditions. I cannot attest to conditions outside of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 13 Old 06-07-2017, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
i had dunlop sport smart 2 and the back is finished at 3000 miles , i am having bridgestone s21 put on sat we shall see how they compare, i did like the dunlop but the s21 were 50 quid cheaper

post #4 of 13 Old 06-07-2017, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
just put some bridgestones s21 on, a lot better ,using throttle a lot sooner coming out of corners. only got 1700 miles out of oem rear
lumberjack likes this.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-07-2017, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I will be trying a Pirelli angel GT when my OEM tire is done.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-07-2017, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
S21 and Diablo Corsa III were my 2 choices in the end. I was looking for the sportiest thing with highest dry grip that was adapted for the streets, while offering decent/safe wet grip (I barely drive in the rain and would always always drive slow in the rain). Lifespan of 7-10k km is good enough for me. Any better is great, as long as dry grip is not sacrificed. $$$ was not a real factor. I went with the Pirelli, I just got them actually. So far so good, but it's too early to tell. I'm pretty happy I picked the Rosso III so far to say the truth, my first set of Pirellis. My dad kept telling he had Pirellis before and found them slippery. I hope to prove him wrong, and I think I will be able to. The only downside I can think of right now is they are pricier than most brands, including the also very good (according to reviews) S21.

Here is an interesting review of sport tires that helped me make my choice:
https://fortnine.ca/en/best-sport-and-racing-tires/

GL!
unload likes this.
post #7 of 13 Old 06-07-2017, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
From what i understand, S21 will give you better mileage and save you a few $$ while Rosso III will give you better dry grip/handling. But the 2 appear to be up there anyway. My feeling is that I couldn't go wrong by picking either. I didn't really want the extra milage this time since I hope the replace the 2 tires simultaneously next time.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-08-2017, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the link Dan
post #9 of 13 Old 06-17-2017, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I have had an Angel GT on the rear for the last 5000 miles. I really like it and will get another one when it is done. I figure it has another 1500 miles left in it or more.

As for the front I have a Diablo Rosso II. It seems to be wearing much faster than the Angel on the rear but it really feels great and gives me confidence.

I switched to Pirellis when the oem tires wore out. I was familiar with them since my other bike, Ducati Diavel, came with them from the factory. For the GsxsF I will go with Rosso III on front and Angel GT on rear when the time comes.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-17-2017, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
I have just fitted roadsmart II to the GSXs ( i do like these tyres ) and after killing a set of Bridgestone BT016 at the track the other day on the GSXR i have replaced them with Pirelli Angel Gt so will report back on them. Have had Pirelli diablo rosso on the fireblade in the past and once warmed up, loved them, loads of grip and confidence inspiring but crap in the wet.
genman likes this.

We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page