23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 Old 06-15-2016, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tyre mileage

I'm interested in the tyre mileage of the D214 fitted as OEM.
I can see some it in other threads and just wanted a few more posts to see if the will last a forth comming trip . I'm already on 1500 miles and intent to do another 1200ish on a trip couple of weeks time - to Assen from the uk ...?
post #2 of 50 Old 06-15-2016, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
well i am on 2000 miles and they are not looking to good , but i haven't been hanging about shall we say lol just the back the front is still ok
post #3 of 50 Old 06-15-2016, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I got 3000 from mine but it was finished no lines in the middle, the front had about another 1000 prob but i've changed to Bridgestone.

post #4 of 50 Old 06-15-2016, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
I had 3200 out of mine and got a puncture so I changed it. It was just 1/2 mm above the wear markers.
I guess a lot depends on your style of riding. Problem with a trip like that is you will be doing a lot of high speed motorway driving and that can finish them off pretty quickly.
Why don't you rant it between now and your trip and then put on a nice new Metzler RR7 for the trip
No point in being caught out half way home and new rubber is less likely to take a puncture too

Pull my finger
post #5 of 50 Old 06-15-2016, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
Just about 3,600 miles now, mostly highway speeds, maybe 2/3 of that are straight roads. But been reading horror stories about the end life on these tires, so I'm a bit nervous.

Mythic and Kassu like this.
post #6 of 50 Old 06-15-2016, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
I have just under 2k but I beat on them hard and have left some serious lines on the Tarmac. But the track day I did definitely took a huge chunk out of it. Here's a photo of the tire falling apart. But considering the situation it's understood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 50 Old 06-16-2016, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSENTERNCC1701E View Post
Just about 3,600 miles now, mostly highway speeds, maybe 2/3 of that are straight roads. But been reading horror stories about the end life on these tires, so I'm a bit nervous.

they look brand new , ride on my friend ride on, at 3200miles or so 5300k's am on the 3rd rear tyre now..
USSENTERNCC1701E likes this.
post #8 of 50 Old 06-16-2016, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
Curious about everyone's riding conditions. Over half my miles have been under 10°C and maybe a little under a third have been on wet roads. I'm almost always in TC mode 3. I'm almost to the wear bars. Just over 3,700 miles now.
post #9 of 50 Old 06-16-2016, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks everyone it's a more interesting post than I thought I'll take some pictures of my rear tyre before I go and when I return for a comparison and post then on here .
sangedegsx likes this.
post #10 of 50 Old 06-17-2016, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSENTERNCC1701E View Post
Curious about everyone's riding conditions. Over half my miles have been under 10°C and maybe a little under a third have been on wet roads. I'm almost always in TC mode 3. I'm almost to the wear bars. Just over 3,700 miles now.
1st tyre 3000k's , 1000 of them on road to run in before taking to track. Replaced with Dunlop street smart, by 5000ks was as bald as a beaver, all track use except first 1000ks. Replaced with Dunlop Sportmax . Ride day temperatures have varied from 44centigrade to 10 deg cent and pouring rain. All three tyres have provided great wet and dry grip once good and hot after a few laps. All 3 have slipped a bit early on on cold wet days, with traction on 3 light comes on regularly but no ''moments''. In the dry i have never seen traction light come on using control 2 , and only rarely in traction 3. Will try traction 1 when have more confidence in my control and happy with setup , but as i can't yet get it to switch on in level 2 no matter how hard i push in the dry may be leaving it there for a long time yet.I follow dunlops very low tyre pressure recommendations for track use. Around 22 to 24 lbs in rear and 32 lbs front , which is still the original tyre and in great shape .
USSENTERNCC1701E likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page