GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Jumping The Gun Slightly....

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Jim 
#1 ·
Hi all from England,

Just put a deposit down on a red/black GSX-S1000F. The dealer anticipates collection at the end of the month. Traded in my Yamaha XJ6 Diversion which I love and have owned since getting my DAS licence 3 years ago. Hoping I've done the right thing as I'm going to hate parting with the old girl. :crying:

#4 ·
I don't think you're going to like it. It's a horrible bike. You should have kept the Yamaha :)

Welcome from Florida USA

Reactions: BanditBrent and Jim
#5 ·
you will love it mate, just got back from a big spin with my mates on there r1-s and a couple of blades and stuck with them no probs, and they were not hanging about, first time i rode it in the dark just love these lights much better than my old zzr, and i am not a bit stiff at all could ride another 100 odd miles no prob

#10 ·
Well obviously lots of great points which we will all agree on other wise none of us on this forum would have bought one !

It's always the negatives people need to know and discuss, so here are mine so far....

1) Snatchy throttle. I don't remember the test bike I rode being as bad as mine. I am somewhat used to this as my previous bike was not great, it's just that the better power to weight ratio of this bike makes it seem worse.

2) Seat Comfort. After doing about 45 miles yesterday my backside was starting to feel like there was a lack of padding on the seat. It may just be that the pressure area is different than my last bike.

3) Heavy clutch. Now I had heard this mentioned on a review previously and scoffed as I didn't remember the test ride bike feeling heavy and thinking he must have weak forearms! Now just to be clear here I'm no weakling and like to keep myself in shape but after my rides yesterday I was starting to feel it.

Perhaps one or more of these issues will change as the bike breaks in or my body may adapt to them, time will tell.

#12 ·
Second day update on my issues....

1) Adjusted the throttle cable and did think that the situation is improving. Not sure if this is due to the cable adjustment, the throttle control and cable freeing up with a little use, me getting used to it or a combination of all three.

2) When I fired her up this morning I noticed that I'd done just over 60 miles yesterday and not the 45 I thought I had, no wonder I felt that in my backside, that must be the most riding I've done in one day. I was eating the miles and having far too much fun....even while running her in properly! :eek:

3) Did another 30 miles today and the clutch is what it is, my forearm was feeling it towards the end of my rides yesterday but clearly I'm not crippled as I had no issue riding her today.

I will add that she's just so much fun to ride, nimble and sprightly even while running in. It's going to be a hoot when I can finally unleash the >:D !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.