GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Rear shock removal

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  blueglue 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

i think its time to order the service manual but ive already got the radiator and stock exhaust off my bike and now im being told to remove the rear shock to get access to the exhaust valve motor to mod it for the Yoshimura full exhaust.

is it a straight forward job?

would be great if anyone could post me a cheat sheet out of the service manual until i get my own. i keep taking things off and forgetting where they go >:D
did a search but nothing concrete. i assume its a one bolt then prop the frame off the rear wheel/swingarm to get access?
cheers
Tom

#3 ·
Yup you can remove it but it's a bit of a pig. Remove the LHS rear upper seat cowel then you have to undo the cage from the frame then keep rotating the arrangement until you can undo both bolts. Once you have got everything off and you have got it the right angle it will just slip under the subframe bracket but it is a **** of a tight squeeze. I nearly gave up but it will come out.

#6 ·
I loosened servo bracket from the frame, then undone the bolts holding the servo to the bracket & it all came out pretty easily :)

Reactions: blueglue
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.