GSXS 1000 Forum banner

new ecu on today

8K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  lumberjack 
#1 ·
well i got back just now from the dealer after having it put on,and here is my opinion on my bike, when i rode out of the dealers in to the city i thought YES much better much less snatch y throttle at low speeds, after about 5 mins i noticed that they had put it in tc3 which i very rarely use so i put it back on 1, it wasn't so good but still better than it was before, but when i got out on to my good roads as i say were i can go for it WHAT a difference it seemed much better no lag in the mid range at all and pulled much harder through the gears all the way to the top much better, low down in tc1 a bit better but much better all the way to the top, but if you ride in tc3 you will find a big difference at the low revs ,and on the down side the young mechanic who did it put a slight scratch on one of my panels which i wouldn't have seen straight away if he hadn't of said , he was very sorry and they have ordered me a new one so its ok,thought he was going to cry poor lad, so in my opinoin it is well worth doing

#8 ·
no walter your wrong it is defiantly pulling harder through the gears all the way without the lag it had before around 5000 , i have been riding big bikes for thirty odd years at the lower revs where it was supposed to make a big difference it didnt for mine a bit better but not a lot unless i leave it in tc3 on the way home i was leading my mate on his new triumph 675r and he said he could not catch me like he could before i had it done

#12 ·
I think Suzuki don't want to officially acknowledge the throttle response effect for cost reasons, but I saw a big difference on my bike on small throttle changes (for bigger changes I still get all the response from before) with the new ECU.
The surging on low load with constant throttle on the other hand I think was too big of a lawsuit risk to ignore and is the official focus of the new SW version.
Of course, if a customer complains enough about throttle response the dealer will probably change the ECU anyhow.

#15 ·
May as well give it the real test, 2000-12000 rpm in 6th gear with a GoPro so we can all see :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
*sigh*...No worries, I defer to your assumed superior product knowledge. Just a thought, with all these perfect bikes floating around I wonder how all these aftermarket tuning products manufacturers ever manage to stay in business...

#20 ·
Hi Guy's, While speaking to the Service Advisor about the fueling/snatching issues on the GSXS, he said the Ducati 959 has the same whinges (Customer feedback).
Cars have to meet Euro 6 by 1/1/17, and new production starting from August 16 is to be Euro 6 compliant.
I assume bikes now have to meet a stricter Euro 4 same date, and just start when a new model begins.

What Yamaha did to the MT09 I don't know, but as the reviewers of the MT10 say it's more of the same thing; so perhaps Suzi just band aided the GSXR K5 engine for the GSXS to get it compliant, not in 2014, but back a lot closer to 2005, and mothballed the project when they nearly crashed Globally.

Then just tweaked the fueling software again even more leaner in 2014, as the emission tests stop above 60 kph / 4000 rpm area, or VW were just too busy to help out.

Rob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.