GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Make Yoshimura Alpha Louder

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dmv0303 
#1 ·
Before anyone slams loud pipes my goal isn't to be irritating loud. The Alpha sounds basically the same as stock. And I am ok with that. But I was hoping for a little more volume because I split lanes daily and it makes it safer plus getting seen on the streets. Plus I was hoping the bike would sound slightly more aggressive. I'm reading there is no method to remove the baffle. Even if so that might be too loud. Has anybody done any mods to their Alpha?

#2 ·
I see the US version varies from the European versions on their website as they dont seem to have removable db killers. I assume you have to pop the end cap off and remove the welds/rivets on the alpha then?

I can even see the GSXS version listed on the site for the Alpha either.

#3 ·
Just changed my can to a race can. No difference at all in volume. Even with the can not fitted to the collector box it is still quite. The restriction in the sound/exhaust is in the collector box which goes all the way into the down pipes from the engine. The only way to get a race sound exhaust is to get rid of the collector box which means a whole new system form the front pipes back. Very disappointed. If your thinking of changing your exhaust can to a race one, do not waste your money, the sound will be no different !!!!

#4 ·
Good to know. After having ridden with the Yoshi pipe for a while I'm happy with the sound now. And I'm actually looking into the Arrow Brand header system. Doing research on power increases and any tuning that is required to run their header system. Any feedback from people would be awesome.

#8 ·
Yoshimura Alpha exhaust

I have a brand new in box Yoshimura IGTP Power Pack for sale. Includes Signature ALPHA Carbon Slip-on Exhaust (11100EM220), FE Kit (070BG111000), and $150 Golden Ticket for lifetime repair/refurbish service by Yoshimura. $550.00 if interested

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.