GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Taking back to Dealer

7K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  gripen 
#1 ·
Although I'm booked in for a Woolich Re-Flash, I'm going to try to get the dealer to sort out the much discussed throttle problem... As a Not Fit For Purpose claim.. ... Really can't justify spending another £330 for a re-flash after the £500 already spent on a PCv+dyno map . Will keep you updated...:|

#8 ·
I adjusted the tps to where I was happy with it. Had the pcv and o2 bypass fitted. Had the dyno done and told the tuner to leave the tps alone despite what his computer told him and set the throttle position to zero on pcv.
Bike runs brilliant and **** fast

#19 ·
Hi dqban,
You should have one or the other fuel label on you tank where E03 & E33 are USA Suzuki area codes, E24 is Australia etc etc.
I would avoid Ethanol as you have the choice. 95 RON equals 90 Octane in knock rating which is what Suzi is saying.

Rob.

E03, 28, 33
Use PREMIUM unleaded
gasoline with min.
90 pump octane.

Fuel label
E12, 21, 24 and others
Use PREMIUM unleaded
gasoline with min.
95 octane (RON).

#18 ·
Also I googled GSXR1000 running on 98 octane and so many posts on forums has people saying that the throttle response was increased, for some people and some bikes that may be a good thing but for me and our GSXS I don't think so

#22 ·
@tonyt, I hope they actually make the bike a little more enjoyable for you. I know exactly what it's like to have a bike that just doesn't meet your standards, it really takes the fun out of ownership. Keep us updated!

#23 ·
Here's the response from the Dealer.... to be honest it pretty much what I was expecting.

Hi Tony,
I am writing with reference to your Suzuki GSX-S1000AL6, Reg; GY65MFF.
We have been extensively testing your bike, also alongside two other stock bikes we have here of the same model and been in communication with Suzuki GB Technical Department.

We began our investigation plugging the bike into the Suzuki Diagnostic computer to check for any fault codes and none were found. We then checked the Throttle Position Sensor and the readings are exactly within Suzuki specifications. We also have tested the two other stock bikes here with us and found all three of the bikes to be exactly within Suzuki specifications.
We have now test ridden your bike back-to-back with the two stock bikes and found all three bikes to have exactly the same characteristics, therefore no fault has been found.
After extensive tests we have been in contact with the Suzuki Technical Department. The Technical Bulletin with regards to the ECM program change has always stated it is to improve a slight surging at constant speeds in the 2000-3000rpm range & the modification does not affect throttle response.
Suzuki also advised us that they have also tested GSX-S1000AL6 at Suzuki G.B with the old and new ECM's and the throttle response is no different between the bikes and despite what the internet says Suzuki G.B have no change to throttle response to offer.

Suzuki G.B have advised us that as everything is operating with specifications they have no alterations they can offer for us to make & advise that the design of the model was to give a sporty ride so they have a quick throttle response.

We are pleased to confirm to you that your GSX-S1000AL6 operates and rides as it was designed to do.

We Thank You for your patience & understanding whilst these tests were being carried out this past week and hope that having our Suzuki GSX650F courtesy bike was of assistance to you. We would like to arrange with you when you would like to collect your GSX-S1000AL6 or we could arrange delivery for a small charge.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Martyn Rae

#24 ·
Tony,
That's not what you wanted to hear at all.
Have you ridden those other 2 bikes that were in the shop that they tested or are they other riders bikes that just happened to be there on the day and Suzuki UK actually did not road test them? Remembering the Dealer said months ago your bike was fine.

Dealer : "We have now test ridden your bike back-to-back with the two stock bikes and found all three bikes to have exactly the same characteristics, therefore no fault has been found".

I feel so sorry as I know what your next move will be as you have come to the end of an emotional ride with your bike.
Have you any Mates you trust to ride your bike and get other friendly opinion to add to your own opinion, even though yours is the one that counts the most ?

Chin Up,
Rob.

#25 ·
Hi Tony
If you fancy a chilly ride over to Herne Bay on the weekend (I'm decorating at home all weekend) you'd be more than welcome to have a run out on mine and see what you think. As far as I'm concerned I've adjusted the TPS to a point where I'm happy. If you can make it let me know and I'll give you my mobile number. Cheers
Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.