GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Woolich Flash

8K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Jaked 
#1 ·
The big girl is at the tuners now having her brains fried :eek:

Really looking forward to picking her up later to see how much improvement there is.

Biggest issue is fuel cut on decel, but I'm also not happy with the on/off very sensitive throttle at small throttle openings. Might also extract a few more ponies, altho not important other than for bragging rights ;)

Bonus is the tuner has all the Woolich gear so cost is only $200 (Aussie Peso). They will also remap the PCV. :D

#3 ·
The big girl is at the tuners now having her brains fried :eek:

Really looking forward to picking her up later to see how much improvement there is.

Biggest issue is fuel cut on decel, but I'm also not happy with the on/off very sensitive throttle at small throttle openings. Might also extract a few more ponies, altho not important other than for bragging rights ;)

Bonus is the tuner has all the Woolich gear so cost is only $200 (Aussie Peso). They will also remap the PCV. :D

That's exactly what I am after , is this a love job for you from a mate or is their a tuner doing the work for you for this cost? This is exactly what I was posting last week, just simply turn a couple of things on and off and maybe copy the timing maps from the higher gears to the lower gears, a very simple job that costs them a $100 licence fee for each ECU and a lot of tuners are charging $500 for this , i would be happy to pay the $200 just to get the fuel cut switched off.

#11 ·
, is this a love job for you from a mate or is their a tuner doing the work for you for this cost? .
They are a commercial tuner and I have paid normal rates up to yesterday

I did pay a reduced rate for yesterday as I have been their best customer for a while haha. Std cost for reflash is $220 I think, and $450 for a PCV map on the dyno. They guarantee their work so any further fiddling is free... to a point ;)

#7 ·
No , some models do but the GSXS does not have any uploaded fuel maps, I don't agree with downloadable maps just like ones for the PCV as I have never seen 2 the same, if you have a PCV map I have a spread sheet that converts a PCV map into a woolich fuel table , I have never tried it but it looks simple to use

#8 ·
i have a pcv now and was really happy with the effects after install with stock flash, i dont really have any performance mods (other than a slip on) that would merit more investment....the pcv with my throttle tamer smoothed out enough for me. My biggest interest in the woolich setup is the fuel shut off option but it doesn't seem worth the $300+ just for that feature (especially if im already happy).

I do plan on getting some arrow headers to go with my yoshi can in the near future with an auto tune and was contemplating woolich with log box and their 02 sensor, but thats like another $700+......adding just the auto tune to my pcv is only $250ish....If im already pretty happy thats $500 to save ....just thinking.

I appreciate the offer for the conversion spread sheet though.

#10 ·
it's been a bit of a journey getting the fueling right on my girl but I think we have finally got there. Early on she had the usual problems with surging, throttle snatch and fuel cut on decel.
I initially went with a PCV and a custom map. Initial impressions were it was better but really all it did was mask the issues. Then I fitted a full Yoshi system and K&N and we re-mapped the PCV. Got a few more HP and a decent torque curve, was huge fun to ride over 4,000 RPM but still not right.
Finally yesterday we re-flashed the ECU with Woolich software. Did the usual tweaks, removed the fuel cut, dropped the fan temp, disabled the 02 sensors and exhaust valves. Then we went to work on the ignition, totally remapping it. We had a suspicion the secondary butterflies were playing below 4,000 rpm so looked at that as well. I'll be honest it all looked a bit like playing with a black box to me. Then we put her back on the dyno and tweaked the PCV map.
Result: different bike!!
It is so smooth from 1,500 RPM, can hold the throttle anywhere, roll off, roll on, no hesitation, no surging, no fuel cut. It's even smoother and accelerates harder everywhere. The difference was so stark and gave me so much confidence, for the first time I split the traffic at 50 -60 kmh. No longer was I worried about wrestling the bike.
The tuner commented it felt like a GSXR! Like it should have been from the factory.
Yeah I wasted some $$ getting to the re-flash. If I were doing it again with hindsight I'd re-flash first and see what was needed from there.

#13 · (Edited)
Glad to hear people are seeing positive results when looking at other maps than fuelling. Can you post a dyno graph that shows the midrange and peak numbers?

People are going to think I'm crazy but when a proper flash comes about amd people have paved the way is when I'll jump in on the ecu flash. After that I'll install a pc-v with AT to constantly monitor fueling so it's just right on MY bike. I've had a similar setup on another bike and was blown away at the transformation between modded and stock

#16 · (Edited)
I'm surprised by only a very small increase in power with a full yoshi system and K&N airfilter but a much cleaner graph with only a small dip between 5 and 6,000 RPM.

Less than 3% increase in max power but 15% maximum increase in torque is far more useful in everyday driving.

Now we just need to know what causes that small dip between 5 and 6,000 RPM - did you do the airbox mod?

#22 ·
Stock bike pre any tuning was 128hp 67 FtLb.

I'm pretty sure for most street riders peak power means nothing. It's where that power, and more importantly the torque is delivered.

What isn't apparent on paper is the huge increase in ride-ability and grin factor. The ECU delivered the ride-ability, Yoshi + PCV delivered the grin :D :D

Yes it is a huge cost, like I said if I were doing it over again I'd put a K&N in, leave everything else stock and flash the ECU.

Having said that I lerve the Yoshi :D It certainly gets drivers attention when I split past their open window :D 0:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.