GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Fueling

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Nitrogsxs1000! 
#1 ·
Installed Power commander 5, autotune and pod-300 today. All i have to say is it is worth it.

#10 ·
I hear you, it was the throttle tamer that saved mine from a trade in, a lot of people are happy with the change in the ecu but not mine, the constant speed surging never worried me as I have a pcv anyway and the o2 eliminator fixed that but the snatch still had its days, even with the pcv , it runs smooth after an auto tune fix but it sometimes just a bit jumpy

#11 ·
My 2018 has much better fueling. Infact, the 2018s fuelling reminded me very much of the remapped ecu i had in the 2016. New ecu was still a bit snatcy...not as bad as 2016 though. Throttle tamer made a huge difference for me in addition to adjusting the cable...was way too loose. Tamer made a bigger difference on this bike than the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·

#15 ·

#16 ·
I’d be turning that clamp around so it doesn’t go through the sump if it hits a speed bump or the like ,

#18 ·
The bike do not smooth out over time.
The rider smooth out over time (read: get use to the throttle inputs).

That's my opinion anyhow.

I thought my Gixxus was very "snatchy" going from my BKing, but after having them both for some months, swapping them, I preferred the Gixxus.

Anyhow:
As long as the primary throttle blades is "governed" by your right hand, and *not* by the ECU like more modern bikes/competitors, some of you will resort to endless fiddling with the TPS or installing throttle tamers.

Even though I am very happy with my Gixxus, I will trade it in for a 18' Speed Triple S this year.
Mostly because it has this TFT "iPad" and I have always liked the "Pitbull-look" of the Speedy.
:)

#19 ·
I added a bunch of parts. bmc filter with the air box mod, xtre, excva delete, o2 delete. runs so much better.....

#20 ·
hi yall, id like to buy a pcv or bazzaz plus auto tuner if someone wants rid of theres?, or even the auto tuner and i could buy a unit to suit, not sure if you need to have the auto tuner constantly setup with the pcv /bazzaz ?, i would like to get the lower range fuelling abit smoother as the ecu reflash/ dyno tune didnt get below 4ooorpm very good

#21 ·
There are 2 things that make an Auto tune worth the money:
1. It fuels the engine to 100% of what it is capable of, with any type of mod from stock to wild.
2. It keeps the air fuel ratio perfect with outside temp, humidity and altitude as ever changing factors.

With that said you need to go out and just buy a new one. At 200 bucks new, that's fair for the benefits of it's performance. Used is ok but the sensor could go bad due to the run time. A good deal goes wrong if you have to buy a new sensor. Just food for thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.