GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Hello fellow Gsxs-ers?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Supercharger 
#1 ·
Recently stumbled upon a killer deal, like truley awesome, for a 2016 Gsx-s1000abs. Took me all of 5 min and a test ride to know I had found the right bike for myself. To be honest I was 80% certain I was going to get an Fz-09, and was blindsided by this beauty. It's been 3 weeks now and it's been amazing so far, I mean I'm legitimately exited to ride to/from work.
I have had 3 other bikes in my short(6years) time riding and each has been exiting/appealing in it's own way.... but this Gsxs is a new level for me lol. I have never been one to spend money, unless it's nessesary/functional, on aftermarket parts but find myself consistently looking into the next add-on lol.

So far I have simply swapped the mirrors for Crg bar end mirrors (blue) and replaced the stock bulb with a hella 55/100w.
Waiting for my frame(vagabond) and axel(T-Rex) sliders and fender eliminator (motodynamics). Hopefully I get them this weekend and can post pics.
Just wanted to introduce myself, say hello, and maybe post a few pics. Thanks for having me 😊

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you for the kind welcome 😊.
I have never owned bike newer than a 2007, so this is a complete upgrade. Handling, features, power, adjustable suspension(lol), ect... All so much more than I even knew existed lol.
Anyways I finally got my fender eliminator from Motodymanics in and installed along with frame and axel sliders.
I had to reach out to Motodynamics for an extension for the license plate light... They not only sent it free of charge, they want me to test the new integrated tail light!

Attachments

#8 ·
Welcome and congrats! I also was set on the FZ-09 until I saw the GSXS sitting in the next row. After comparing them there was no contest. Close to 40 more HP is a strong selling point over the FZ and the frame and swingarm look like they can take much more power if needed. I also am too OCD to ever live happily with an offset instrument panel like on the FZ. Its display is also a bit small for 56yo eyes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.