View Single Post
post #1 of Old 12-18-2018, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Rapido1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My Forgotten Bike in Garage Corner

Have such a classic kick ass beautiful bike just sitting like a museum piece in the back of my garage. Makes me sad every time I look at her. Used to ride her a lot, but she got bumped by a Suzuki, as these days I prefer the upright comfort of my GSXS. I take her out periodically to keep her juices flowing, but she sits on stands almost forgotten, on a battery tender.

An original first generation 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R. Remember? The 1000cc bike that feels like a 600? The "Widow Maker"? Bought it from original owner with 4,000 miles, has only 11,000 miles on her today. Runs and looks perfect, like new.

The biggest (ridiculous) upgrade I did to her was BST carbon fiber wheels! (worth half the value of the bike)! So 170 rear wheel hp, was 410 lbs stock, so maybe you can imagine, with these BST wheels it accelerates, wheelies, brakes and turns in like a dream race bike.

She has many other upgrades - a trick "Hex" Yosh Slip on same as Kawasaki WSB at the time (that I was able to adapt to fit with the proper link pipe from a different model as was not available for ZX-10R at the time), rear sets, upgraded rotors (made by UK "Braking", same as I have now on my GSXS), Nissan caliper upgrade, Brembo master cylinder, GPR Steering stabilizer, braided brake lines, fender eliminator, solo seat, dark windshield, Pirelli Super Corsa SC2's, etc, etc ...

So I just wanted to give her some respect by sharing her story with my fellow Forum Members. As I live in Cabo San Lucas, the market for radical sporty bikes is extremely limited here, so never tried to sell her. 'Cause I don't want to!

What's your forgotten bike in the garage corner?

Last edited by Rapido1; 03-18-2019 at 10:37 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome