GSXS 1000 Forum banner

S1000f - LED Headlight Conversion - DONE

13K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  miskiewiczarkadiusz0 
#1 ·
Do you wish both headlights on your f would be on for both low and high beam? Well that was my Sunday project.

I bought a harness from Innovative Wiring and MZS Tuning H4 LED's on Amazon that accomplishes just that. Turn on the key & both headlights are on low beam; flick the switch and both are on high beam. Hardest part of the project was trimming the H4 adapters (see picture for comparison) and modifying dust covers.

Now all that is left is to fine tune the adjustment so as not to blind oncoming traffic (rough adjustment done). I'll take it out after dark tonight and see how much better they are.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
So on the F one headlight is low beam and the other high beam? What? You don't enjoy all the conversations with well meaning folks telling you that you have a headlight out? I hated that on my GSX-R600.

Don't they have different reflectors though and doesn't this affect that?

#4 ·
Don't they have different reflectors though and doesn't this affect that?

Short answer is yes - however........
The MZS LED's can rotate, so I can direct the LED light within the headlight housing. Once I have the LED's correctly positioned, I will adjust the the headlight for up / down & left / right. I expect (hope) to have excellent light and not be blinding to oncoming traffic.

#12 ·
I hardly ride at night (too many bugs in the summer and too cold in the winter...yeah, I'm a sissy) but this sounds like something I need to do. I too run with high beams during the day to keep visibility up and the OCD aggravation down. Let us know when you get it to perfection...

#14 ·
Let us know when you get it to perfection...

Took it out last night - great light on low beam; and no one flashed headlights at me. :)

High beam is definitely brighter than low beam, but not dramatically.
All in all - MUCH better than stock - and the bike looks a lot "cooler".
Perfection will have to come in the Spring - as at 35 degrees out this morning - WINTER IS COMING; and riding season is winding down.:(

#17 ·
GSXS-NH I live in Massachusetts about 30 minutes from the NH Border and do quite of bit of riding between Milford and Keene and North to Lake Sunapee. You not only live in a beautiful state but the roads are kept in superb condition. Lot of great routes in South Central NH. Don't know where Intervale is but must be North from where we ride. All the best and let's hope for a short winter!

#22 ·
Do you wish both headlights on your f would be on for both low and high beam? Well that was my Sunday project.

I bought a harness from Innovative Wiring and MZS Tuning H4 LED's on Amazon that accomplishes just that. Turn on the key & both headlights are on low beam; flick the switch and both are on high beam. Hardest part of the project was trimming the H4 adapters (see picture for comparison) and modifying dust covers.

Hello
what is the name of this harness from innovstive to gsxs 1000 sculptures both lamps shone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.