GSXS 1000 Forum banner

New Owner in Southern California!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Detroitdawg 
#1 · (Edited)
Just upgraded to the 2016 GSX-S1000 from a 2015 FZ-09, and wow what an upgrade it really is! I picked up my matte gray naked GSX-S1000 last week and couldn't be happier with my decision to sell the FZ-09. Power, handling, transmission.. You name it! This thing is just an all around better package and definitely worth the bit of extra money.

I've got a little over 400 miles on her as of today, and she's breaking in perfectly. The bike seemed to lurch a bit when fully closing the throttle for the first 100 miles or so, but that small concern has gone away during the break in period. I know many people have noted a "snatchy" or "on-off" throttle, but coming from an FZ-09 (with the "fixed" throttle), this thing is fine. It's got a lot of power and torque, haha so it's not for the timid!

I've already installed the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator, and it looks good! Install was pretty simple and it cleaned up the rear of the bike nicely. I added some LED strip lights for the turn signals and mounted them to the tail section. They look clean, they're super bright, and they light up a good portion of the tail. I'll post some more pictures later! I've got a list of modifications I want to get started on, and I can't wait to make this baby even sicker than it already is!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just upgraded to the 2016 GSX-S1000 from a 2015 FZ-09, and wow what an upgrade it really is! I picked up my matte gray naked GSX-S1000 last week and couldn't be happier with my decision to sell the FZ-09. Power, handling, transmission.. You name it! This thing is just an all around better package and definitely worth the bit of extra money.

I've got a little over 400 miles on her as of today, and she's breaking in perfectly. The bike seemed to lurch a bit when fully closing the throttle for the first 100 miles or so, but that small concern has gone away during the break in period. I know many people have noted a "snatchy" or "on-off" throttle, but coming from an FZ-09 (with the "fixed" throttle), this thing is fine. It's got a lot of power and torque, haha so it's not for the timid!

I've already installed the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator, and it looks good! Install was pretty simple and it cleaned up the rear of the bike nicely. I'll post some more pictures later! I've got a list of modifications I want to get started on, and I can't wait to make this baby even sicker than it already is!
Looking good ol lad... Should be getting my blue naked Friday:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.