GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Ixil

12K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Blood Simple 
#1 ·
Just found this online. Is there anyone out there that has this on theirs:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
One of the guys installed one on his z 1000, then did a dyno run.

Obviously, lots of variables in this. One specific bike, and one specific dyno.

The company , themselves, do not offer dyno charts. He ended up being disappointed with the power he showed that day. Torque was down, and the hp was not impressive.

It looks as if that company is way more into looks and low cost vs power increases. It does look cool, and the price is amazing, so maybe its a who cares sort of thing?

Still, when they take that same can and hang it under a fz07, fz09, z1000, gsxs, etc you probably wont see awesome results.

Again, hard to complain when the price is so good.

#8 ·
I called Ixil yesterday and asked about dB levels. They had nothing and I confirmed there was a catalyst in the system. They mentioned 3 sound inserts and that if you cut two spot welds the catalyst comes out. I got the same impression as you RC. Ixil is just not a high power system based on their feedback.

#9 · (Edited)
I think there is a video in this thread. Its not on this forum, sorry, but the sound was awesome. It snot a Suzuki, obviously, but it is the "same" pipe.

IXIL Exhaust

Quality looked reasonable, too. I believe its too short to make amazing power. If this were possible, I think its what wed see from the factory as the look is perfection.

Id own one in a heartbeat, and use the saved 1000 for suspension. Or drugs..heck, who knows, but the weight savings is there, maybe just not the top 10 hp...big deal.

#15 ·
I'm wondering if the secondary throttle plates are closing off to "protect" us. The ZX-14 was like this so we just physically removed them. By the time the ZX-14R came out, an ECU flash could just open them sooner and keep them open. Obviously, it had to be mapped to take into account that more fuel was needed for the extra air entering.

We'll know more when Woolich or Guhl or Ivan or ??? is able to look in the ECU. I hope the "fix" is that easy.

#16 ·
I'm with Gixxus, that dip is not 100% exhaust related.

Heres whats suspicious. Notice that first dip. Its likely the one you'd feel as the second one is so small. Even with the second one, its still gaining power. Just not as rapidly as before or after.

Back to the first dip. Notice how it just magically happens to be 1/2 the rpm of where the bike makes its peak power.

Now, lets look at this completely unrelated bike. Yamahas 2015 r1.

http://www.motorcycle.com/blog/wp-c.../2015-yamaha-r1-attack-vs-moto-shop-dyno1.jpg

Oddly enough, another dip situated at 1/2 rpm where bike makes maximum power.

What if I followed up by saying there is a specific noise test that happens at 1/2 the rpm where the bike makes maximum power?

If you look at the euro version of kawasakis zx10r vs the American version, or Hondas cbr 1000rr (usa vs euro), both american version makes their maximum power at a lower rpm, and both lost about 15hp in doing so.

I think this might be part of the issue here and is also why I believe the future will have us looking for an ecu reflash and exhaust vs a power commander.

Nevermind. By then, we'll probably go to prison for tampering with either.

We saw that dip, in the old days, when someone went to a 4 into 1 exhaust. Pretty much eliminated when the standard became 4-2-1.

#20 ·
You know what I still find hard to believe about this bike? I looked at one yesterday, and compared it to a 2015 r1.

Plastic count, amount of metal count..very similar. Yes, the r1 had better electronics, if ones into that.

However, one machine was priced at 10,999. The other was priced at 16,499. So, here we are worried about what might mean and extra 500 on a good exhaust vs something that just fits?

#21 ·
Reviving an old thread, sorry

I am looking at buying the ixil sx1 and was hoping for some feedback from some fellow riders who have been using it for a while.

1. Did you need any additional parts to fit the system?
2. How do you like it now after having it fitted for some time?
3. Did you end up putting your bike on a dyno or just running as stock?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.