LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2016, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yoshimura Full System Available in the US

FYI, I emailed Yoshimura about their full system for the GSX-S1K (Yoshimura product site : GSX-S1000/F - STAINLESS FULL SYSTEM R-11 SINGLE EXIT : STREET SPORTS).

Apparently it can be ordered from Japan. Here is the info:

SS 170-196-5F50………..Retail $1141.00………Shows in stock in Japan
SM 170-196-5F20……….Retail $1200.00………Will take about 2 weeks to build
ST 170-196-5F80………..Retail $1200.00………Shows in stock in Japan
STB 170-196-5F80B……Retail $1250.00……….Will take about 2 weeks to build

"Since this is not a road legal exhaust, you will need to fill out the attached CCAA form so you can place an order. Once the order is placed, and the part ships from Japan to the USA, it usually takes about 2-3 weeks to arrive thru customs. To place an order for any of these exhausts, we will require a $600.00 non-refundable deposit with the balance due when the part arrives from Japan. You will only be charged the shipping cost from California to your location. Let me know if you have any questions, or give me a call when you are ready to place an order."

The following is the rep's info if anyone would like to place an order.

Don Franzen
Yoshimura R & D of America, Inc.
P: 909-628-4722 Ext. 422
Direct: 951-231-1422
F: 909-591-2198
[email protected]
Old 05-05-2016, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Hmmm. Tempting. What's with the green dyno test (full exhaust)? I get the dB killer in and out...maybe the green is the average??

Maybe I'll email Don.

'17 Husky 701 SM
Old 05-05-2016, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
It's a lot of money to make it look different as the dyno graph doesn't make it appealing for power improvements, I think it would not even be noticeable unless a fuel controller is added I'm guessing so you will need to add that price also imo
DTM74 and USSENTERNCC1701E like this.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I would say maybe you can get an optional db killer that is more restrictive than the one that comes with the muffler. Only way it makes sense to me, since the top end is actually lower than stock.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:04 PM

I like the improvement in the mid-hp/torque curve...but it would be interesting to see the final results with an ECU flash/PCV.

'17 Husky 701 SM
Old 05-06-2016, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM74 View Post
I like the improvement in the mid-hp/torque curve...but it would be interesting to see the final results with an ECU flash/PCV.
I would be interested as well. This would be the dream: https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1...o-results.html
Old 05-06-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffroGymnast View Post
I would say maybe you can get an optional db killer that is more restrictive than the one that comes with the muffler. Only way it makes sense to me, since the top end is actually lower than stock.
Not sure. From Don -

"I checked on the parts list for the full system on the GSXS1000, and did not see a listing in the parts list for an dB insert. The only thing that I saw was listed as a pre-installed part in the end of the muffler. Which is most likely their dB killer.
They might have tried a different version of dB killer on the Dyno chart, but they do not show any optional inserts for this model exhaust."

At least he's pretty fast for responding. I emailed Akra a couple weeks ago inquiring if they were going to make a full system and no response.

'17 Husky 701 SM
Old 05-06-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM74 View Post
Not sure. From Don -

"I checked on the parts list for the full system on the GSXS1000, and did not see a listing in the parts list for an dB insert. The only thing that I saw was listed as a pre-installed part in the end of the muffler. Which is most likely their dB killer.
They might have tried a different version of dB killer on the Dyno chart, but they do not show any optional inserts for this model exhaust."

At least he's pretty fast for responding. I emailed Akra a couple weeks ago inquiring if they were going to make a full system and no response.
Thanks for the info.

I find it interesting that this one has a 4-1 collector that's pretty close to the cylinder head, at least compared to the M4 system which is 4-2-1 and the 2-1 is very far back, right before the silencer. A collector with shorter runners usually means more top end power, but the Yoshi supplied dyno sheet shows very minimal gains up top.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in