Old 06-25-2016, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Full Yoshimura install pics and vids

Hi all,

ive made a start on my Yoshimura install today but only had a couple of hours and it involves you removing the rear suspension to get access to the exhaust valve servo.

First and foremost i got myself an Abba stand which lifts the bike via the frame so you can strip the rear end out (godsend)

Originally i was just going to gain access between the servo and rear shock but Yoshimura need you to install a blanking plate to cheat the servo into thinking it still works.

You need to unscrew the whole dogbone at the bottom to let you drop the shock to the bottom. (you dont need to remove it completely so just rest it lower down the bike)

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE TORQUE SETTINGS FOR THE ABOVE SUSPENSION BOLTS?

Once access is gained to the rear end of the bike i had loads of space to remove the servo wires and drive plate.

Yoshimura supply a small kit with arms that hit into the raised bits of the servo so the bikes ecu still thinjs the valve is in play and wont bring any error up on the dash.

And fitted

Unfortunately with the heavy rain today and the fact i was knocking a wall down between 10am and 3pm and decided to quit whilst i was head and just slotted the headers into the collector. The quality is amazing and was even impressed with the yoshi name on the pipes and small locator 'V's' on the pipes for two of the pipes. Obviously fitting the exhaust itself will e straight forward and ive already removed the old exhaust and radiator so will post some pics and videos tomorrow.

Again if anyone can give me the torque settings for the suspension i would be extremely gratefull

Jaked, 4tune8 and Srad749 like this.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
You can't fit heal tech box for the servo ?
Old 06-25-2016, 07:19 PM
Jim

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Can the Yoshi headers take the stock can?

Old 06-25-2016, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
More pics of the exhaust!!!
Old 06-25-2016, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
great post and pics. Am not to be trusted with a job like that, but would almost be game to try it now. Had a full 2 into Yoshi system fitted to my SVS1000 which ditched the dumb collector under the frame , quality was A1, bike sounded like a Vtwin should, prior was like a fart in a bath kinda note.Plus dropped close to 18kg's in weight, down to 202kg's wet , you will probably get a good weight save with your new system , which is like gaining HP, if you dyno after mods will be interested to see what you get. I did before and after, picked up 5 HP, with a small dip down low , under 4000rpm, but then was much better all the way to redline.
Small boost in torque. Max previous 9000rpm , new system max at 8500.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tune8 View Post
great post and pics. Am not to be trusted with a job like that, but would almost be game to try it now. Had a full 2 into Yoshi system fitted to my SVS1000 which ditched the dumb collector under the frame , quality was A1, bike sounded like a Vtwin should, prior was like a fart in a bath kinda note.Plus dropped close to 18kg's in weight, down to 202kg's wet , you will probably get a good weight save with your new system , which is like gaining HP, if you dyno after mods will be interested to see what you get. I did before and after, picked up 5 HP, with a small dip down low , under 4000rpm, but then was much better all the way to redline.
Small boost in torque. Max previous 9000rpm , new system max at 8500.

Can you please post a dyno graph. Would love to see the curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2016, 01:15 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangedegsx View Post
Can you please post a dyno graph. Would love to see the curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry all paper work went to new buyer, including dyno graph, but before yoshi fitted 98hp rear wheel after 103 hp , slight dip under 4000rpm but much better all the way to 11500rpm after that , SVS 1000 was a great bike, and the bucket load of torque meant it would leap out of corners, constantly surprising more powerful bikes, you could get on the gas very early, and go without lots of cog swapping.
Torque from memory was 108 NM , excellent for a pretty light bike.
sangedegsx and m0bnd like this.

Last edited by 4tune8; 06-26-2016 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
so i managed to easily fit the exhaust on Sunday and i must say the thing sounds like a race bike now. pops and bangs going down the gears to junctions and makes the rear spin up a lot more easier.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Also a couple of quick vids whilst i was leak testing the bike. First video is with the fairing still off and second one was on my Drift HD which unfortunately ran our of battery so it only recorded the first minute.

im going to see if i can attach the drift camera on the bike pointing backwards at the weekend.

https://youtu.be/oHrANykDR1Q

https://youtu.be/sVKSG_c4JwI
Jaked, Beaker, Srad749 and 2 others like this.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Noisey Bugger!

Pull my finger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in