LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 02-23-2017, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Power Commander fuel table

Hello!
So Im about to through on my arrow headers, attached to my yoshi alpha can and intend to rune it off power commander v with auto tune. I do intend to have it dyno tuned but was wondering if anyone was willing to share a copy (or even a picture!) of their fuel map.....especially if you live in Florida. I dont so much intend to use the actual map but am very curious to compare to the stock map and my post dyno map.

This might also be a good place for people to share their maps if they want....I know the Yoshi/Arrow setup seems to be popular. I'm surprised I haven't seen one up yet for this combo.
nicka likes this.
post #2 of 35 Old 02-23-2017, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I dont have my auto tune running yet and am currently fully stock atm. However, for a set of base values I was intending to set my target afr to what power commander used when they dyno'd our bikes. You can find their target afr on their report of their pc install on our bike with dyno tune. I'm currently running their base map
post #3 of 35 Old 02-24-2017, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
This is the missing link for our auto tune, is'nt it? as in, WTF is ideal?

I like grisoguys idea, and Im not sure what else we can use as a baseline?

post #4 of 35 Old 02-24-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I was planning on doing the same as griso also. I am actually most interested to see what numbers other people auto tune out to though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 35 Old 02-25-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
This is the missing link for our auto tune, is'nt it? as in, WTF is ideal?

I like grisoguys idea, and Im not sure what else we can use as a baseline?
Although every engine is different, it's safe to say that our engines will run best around the same afr or very similar to each other. Without a dyno to verify, there's no real way of knowing exactly what afr is best. Most engines make decent power somewhere in the mid to low 13's and good fuel economy in the high 13's to 14 etc. Throttle response is Also something to take into consideration, engine temps etc..
I think power commanders numbers are safe to start with
post #6 of 35 Old 02-26-2017, 04:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
You're asking the wrong question. If you are running an autotune, you want someone's target AFR table, not their map. The autotune builds your map based on your target AFR's. Myself and Nicka are working on some AFR tables at the moment. His is a very good place to start, but I'm tinkering with some other changes at the moment.
post #7 of 35 Old 02-26-2017, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
actually, I know exactly what I am asking......I am NOT asking for their AFR table.......I literally want to know the fuel table that is developed by auto tune. Most people who choose to auto tune start with the PCV base map and develop from there....That is what I am trying to analyze. Truthfully, I would most interested in seeing the MAPs from people with similar mods from my area.....I want to see how different the maps are

As an experiment, I intend to purchase a second wide band 02 sensor. On a given day I am going to go for a ride with what ever base map im running. I will then swap out for the new sensor, restart with the same base map, and replicate the ride.....I want to know how consistent the autotune maps are.

I dont mind the AFR tables though. I would love to see what you and Nicka come up with.......thats an answer to a different question for me.

The ability to set different AFR for different RPM is why i bought the PCV in the first place versus the Rapidbike. Rapid bike forces you to buy an additional $325 module in order for you to set different target AFR within one map. Otherwise, its built in autotune feature forces you to use one AFR across the whole range.
post #8 of 35 Old 02-26-2017, 01:39 PM

To add to this conversation, and I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty certain that the pc-v with auto tune module is the only option that gives you a real "closed loop" set up. Unless I misunderstand how the woolich and zeitronic auto tune modules function, I'm under the impression they don't actually create a live map that will adjust values for you.

My understanding of the other auto tune modules I've seen all require you to download the data and then submit changes to your map via a laptop or similar.
I've used pc-v with auto tune in the past and it will create its own map while you ride, and submit the changes automatically to the power commander for you. It is always on and will compensate for temperature and any mods you add along the way

In my experience the best option would be to have the ecu flashed to have o2 sensor, and PAIR valve turned off, open secondary throttle plates earlier and adjust timing all within the ecu, then make necessary changes in fueling to compensate and make it run proper. THEN you add the pc-v with auto tune to create your live map.
When you flash the ecu, the o2 sensor is turned off. So there's no live adjustments being made. The factory sensor is narrow band anyways so it wouldn't be accurate for making precise measurements like the wideband sensors are

Last edited by grisoguy; 02-26-2017 at 01:43 PM.
post #9 of 35 Old 02-26-2017, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
I am doing some testing over the next couple of days as I have some time off and some awesome weather so I'll upload my latest afr and fuel table and my consensus on the auto tune as I'm planning on loading a zero map switchable with the latest auto tune map to compare the difference

Previous bikes
1982 YZ80J
1977 TS185
1981 XR500
1994 GSX750 Katana (Popup)
1981 GSX1100
1999 GSX750F
2008 GSX1400
Current bikes
2005 V-Strom 650 Blue
2016 GSXS1000F Blue
post #10 of 35 Old 02-26-2017, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqban View Post
actually, I know exactly what I am asking......I am NOT asking for their AFR table.......I literally want to know the fuel table that is developed by auto tune. Most people who choose to auto tune start with the PCV base map and develop from there....That is what I am trying to analyze. Truthfully, I would most interested in seeing the MAPs from people with similar mods from my area.....I want to see how different the maps are

As an experiment, I intend to purchase a second wide band 02 sensor. On a given day I am going to go for a ride with what ever base map im running. I will then swap out for the new sensor, restart with the same base map, and replicate the ride.....I want to know how consistent the autotune maps are.

I dont mind the AFR tables though. I would love to see what you and Nicka come up with.......thats an answer to a different question for me.

The ability to set different AFR for different RPM is why i bought the PCV in the first place versus the Rapidbike. Rapid bike forces you to buy an additional $325 module in order for you to set different target AFR within one map. Otherwise, its built in autotune feature forces you to use one AFR across the whole range.
No problem. I have a full M4 system, but I suspect the flow characteristics of any of the aftermarket systems will be fairly similar. I'm still playing a little this week, but will send you a copy of my map and AFR table next weekend. By then, I think it'll be close. I have a minor stumble I'm trying to get rid of, which I think I've caused by leaning the mixture too low in the RPM range (whilst targeting fuel economy in the cruise range).

FYI, PowerCommander don't have a suggested/reference AFR table for this bike.

Last edited by 17105; 02-26-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page