Delkevic Exhaust Slip On Mufflers - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By nicka
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: California
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Delkevic Exhaust Slip On Mufflers

Has anyone purchased and installed one of the Delkevic Exhaust Slip On Mufflers? If so, how is the fit and finish compared to other manufacturers? The Delkevic's have a very attractive price on eBay and look ok in the pictures, just wondering if someone has had any real world experience with one?

Thanks
bruba12606 is offline  
post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2017, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
 
nicka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Victoria
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruba12606 View Post
Has anyone purchased and installed one of the Delkevic Exhaust Slip On Mufflers? If so, how is the fit and finish compared to other manufacturers? The Delkevic's have a very attractive price on eBay and look ok in the pictures, just wondering if someone has had any real world experience with one?



Thanks


I had one on my gsx 1400 and it was great, if I ever get around to making the link pipe for my GSXS then this will be my choice again, great price and the quality was as good as any other I have seen.

Previous bikes
1982 YZ80J
1977 TS185
1981 XR500
1994 GSX750 Katana (Popup)
1981 GSX1100
1999 GSX750F
2008 GSX1400
Current bikes
2005 V-Strom 650 Blue
2016 GSXS1000F Blue
nicka is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2017, 07:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,802
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicka View Post
I had one on my gsx 1400 and it was great, if I ever get around to making the link pipe for my GSXS then this will be my choice again, great price and the quality was as good as any other I have seen.
always wanted a 1400.there not sold usa.......are they still made and how was the power......looks like a plush ride
LEAVEITSTOCK is online now  
 
post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Senior Member
 
nicka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Victoria
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVEITSTOCK View Post
always wanted a 1400.there not sold usa.......are they still made and how was the power......looks like a plush ride


They stopped making them finishing off with a nice looking special edition in 2008, they are rock solid but feel very heavy thus being one of the reasons I sold it for the GSXS , it had loads of torque and would keep up with the GSXS off the mark easily for a while , at 100kmh you change up to second gear but would only be doing 8000rpm cause it didn't do much after that in the revs, you could ride around town all day in only second gear easily , a great bike but again it just felt heavy for my light weight frame, the throttle response and fueling was awesome, no mods required, just leave it stock
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.

Previous bikes
1982 YZ80J
1977 TS185
1981 XR500
1994 GSX750 Katana (Popup)
1981 GSX1100
1999 GSX750F
2008 GSX1400
Current bikes
2005 V-Strom 650 Blue
2016 GSXS1000F Blue
nicka is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome