4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 12-19-2017, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow vs Yoshimura Full

looking at the design of these two systems. both are documented poorly. I will flip a coin
.😀

Last edited by unload; 12-19-2017 at 06:58 PM.
post #2 of 24 Old 12-20-2017, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Have you looked at the Black Widow headers? Much cheaper and made in UK. Their headers look nice and run about $540 delivered.
post #3 of 24 Old 12-20-2017, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharger View Post
Have you looked at the Black Widow headers? Much cheaper and made in UK. Their headers look nice and run about $540 delivered.
thanks for the reply. i did look at them briefly but didnt find enough info or more importantly, reviews/testimonials so i considered arrow/yosh/m4 more proven the coin landed on arrow.

post #4 of 24 Old 01-26-2018, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unload View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharger View Post
thanks for the reply. i did look at them briefly but didnt find enough info or more importantly, reviews/testimonials so i
considered arrow/yosh/m4 more proven the coin landed on arrow.
Seriously stay clear of Black Widow... I have spoken to many exhaust makers and they are all of the same opinion...cheap for a reason... Poor quality Chinese stainless steel and are not a perfect fit.

If you don't want a full Yoshi (I didn't because I wanted to retain a stubby exhaust) then you really need to look at the Arrow headers.

I've just purchased the Arrow racetech header set... So this removes all the cat, collection chamber etc. They are made to utilise the original stubby exhaust...and use all the original mounting points. They will also fit my beautiful Matt black Remus Hypercone slip on..

Once fitted I'll post a review.

Last edited by ellz.draego; 01-26-2018 at 12:59 AM.
post #5 of 24 Old 01-28-2018, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellz.draego View Post
Seriously stay clear of Black Widow... I have spoken to many exhaust makers and they are all of the same opinion...cheap for a reason... Poor quality Chinese stainless steel and are not a perfect fit.

If you don't want a full Yoshi (I didn't because I wanted to retain a stubby exhaust) then you really need to look at the Arrow headers.

I've just purchased the Arrow racetech header set... So this removes all the cat, collection chamber etc. They are made to utilise the original stubby exhaust...and use all the original mounting points. They will also fit my beautiful Matt black Remus Hypercone slip on..

It should not come as a surprise that competitors will "down-talk" each other.

Unless you have personal experience (you don't have yet) I would not take their word for it.

I have both Arrow and Black Widow.

They are both *far* from perfect fit.

The OEM is perfect fit.

"Chinese Steel".. sounds pretty much like "Chinese Turbo's", which is a way of saying ("You must pay double and let us import the "Chines Steel/Turbo" and sell it to you as something "genuine")

Almost everything these days are made on a "child worker" chinese factory.
And we all contribute to it to save money.

2018 - Speed Triple S
2015 - GSX-S1000
2009 - B-King 1441
post #6 of 24 Old 01-29-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bking1441 View Post
Quote:

Unless you have personal experience (you don't have yet) I would not take their word for it.

The OEM is perfect fit.

"Chinese Steel".. sounds pretty much like "Chinese Turbo's", which is a way of saying ("You must pay double and let us import the "Chines Steel/Turbo" and sell it to you as something "genuine") [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/IMG]

I respect that... But I got my arrows fitted by an independent Race specialst who have a fantastic reputation and no connection to any particular manufactures..

When they make a race bike they use akraprovic systems... As a first choice... Second choice is arrow...

They have categorically said do not use black widow...

But hey I'm only recommending what I use... My Arrow Race-Tec header set, Remus hypercone and power commander have given me 13bhp at the rear wheel... Sound awesome and my god she's quick...

But it's your call.
post #7 of 24 Old 01-30-2018, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
I respect that... But I got my arrows fitted by an independent Race specialst who have a fantastic reputation and no connection to any particular manufactures..

When they make a race bike they use akraprovic systems... As a first choice... Second choice is arrow...

They have categorically said do not use black widow...

But hey I'm only recommending what I use... My Arrow Race-Tec header set, Remus hypercone and power commander have given me 13bhp at the rear wheel... Sound awesome and my god she's quick...

But it's your call.
Looking forward to your review and dyno charts. I too like the look of the reemus.

The Dude Abides and Rides:
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 1000-Blue

Track only

2017 R6-Blue/Black
post #8 of 24 Old 01-30-2018, 01:45 PM

Here you go... One dyno chart...

With the PCV the power delivery is silky smooth and very strong in any gear at any speed...

The system is loud... The guys at HM Racing seem to think I may not be allowed on track... ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0730_1517337710945.jpg (67.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0729_1517337755977.jpg (57.7 KB, 73 views)
post #9 of 24 Old 01-31-2018, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bking1441 View Post

The OEM is perfect fit.

"Chinese Steel".. sounds pretty much like "Chinese Turbo's", which is a way of saying ("You must pay double and let us import the "Chines Steel/Turbo" and sell it to you as something "genuine")

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on them. Do you think the Arrow worth the price difference? Is there an obvious quality difference between the 2?
post #10 of 24 Old 01-31-2018, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Simple View Post
I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on them. Do you think the Arrow worth the price difference? Is there an obvious quality difference between the 2?
I did not pay much more for my Arrow headers. So for me the price was no issue.

Arros uses a different design (like Akrapovic headers) than Black Widow.

The fitment is better (read: not as bad) for Arrow compared to the headers from Black Widow.

That is to be expected as Arrow uses "spigots" and slide-fitment vs Black Widows headers using tubes from exhaust port to colllector like OEM.
(OEM is even in one piece from headers to end pipe).
Black Widow do not use "link pipes" between header pipe, which I like, as this is an area that can develop leaks/false air for WB-sensor. The same goes for spigots/slide-fit (to the exhaust ports).

I have the habit to try out different exhaust, because I just like to "mod" during the (long) winter where I live.

I will be able to report more about what I think about Arrow vs Black Widow when spring is here, and I can test the bike.
Blood Simple likes this.

2018 - Speed Triple S
2015 - GSX-S1000
2009 - B-King 1441

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page