13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Holeshot Performance

I finished installing an Arrow header, Holeshot 14” muffler, O2 bypass, Servo eliminator, throttle tamer, Holeshot Supertune Pro Tuner with Dale Walker’s stage 2 tune, K&N air filter with baffle delete on Christmas Eve. I’m telling you this motorcycle positively screams now. The quiet exhaust is something that I could never really come to embrace, so I decided that a header was the best option to deal with that. I also knew that my Yoshimura Alpha slip on would be silly loud with full exhaust swap. After talking to Dale personally (fantastic human being by the way), I decided on the longer, quieter 14” slip on. I am so glad I chose it! It howls at WOT, but can be driven gently at reasonable level of volume. It sounds so much better now, like an in-line 4 should. I am a 49 year old man that can appreciate the quiet cruise aspect! I have owned many, many motorcycles in my life, but honestly, this one is special. It is comfortable for long hauls, stupid quick when I want it to be, fast at the drag strip with my riding buddies, and now I gotta get it on a real track with turns. I club raced some years ago, and believe this would be fun! I have a first gen SV650s that I will probably turn into a dedicated track bike at some point, but I gotta see what I can do on this thing. Like the title says, a great bike made even better!! Btw, I am a real person, with a real 2016 naked non-ABS gsxs1000!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25FE6F7E-1F8C-44FA-844F-5440E718397A.jpg (331.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 87011903-2E73-4F19-9835-A0B447980A49.jpg (266.5 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 5EF8D649-5BDC-4413-9987-ABDA2765676A.jpg (257.4 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 1ED1496D-1F22-4D4C-A8DC-99F738DBFE3B.jpg (213.1 KB, 73 views)

Old 12-25-2017, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
16 non ABS here also..Dale knows his shxt..enjoy the new beast
twag4 likes this.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
We have twins! I did the same thing to my blue non abs '16 last June.
https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1...rformance.html
unload and twag4 like this.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I’m pretty sure your review @Old racer , is what sent me to his site!

Last edited by twag4; 12-25-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
its nice when someone else does 175 dyno runs on there bike...so you can just install bolt on to yours..what a savings ..no wear tear at all
rcannon409 likes this.

Last edited by LEAVEITSTOCK; 12-28-2017 at 05:09 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
I love how the stock exhaust is tucked in tight and low. Love the Arrow header, the 14 inch muffler....not so much, but I don't like the smaller "bad boy" one either haha. They stick out too much for me. The rest of his stuff is top notch and I am sure you will enjoy the bike even more!

I have thought of going stage two, but in reality the bike is stupid fast stock. Just needs a ECM tune to smooth the throttle and remove the power restrictions. Too many friggen cops in my town to open the throttle wide anywhere anyway
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I like the look of the 14” exhaust for whatever reason. It sounds amazing. Quiet at cruise, wails at WOT. Perfect!! I hate the power limiting that the bike gives at different stages. I know he only does fuel adjustments, but man it is so much quicker now! I love everything about it. Gonna order a healtech xtre to get rid of timing cuts, then throttle control will be my problem. I grew up on bikes with no electronic nannies. I want to have to work at it to squeeze out the performance with finesse over electronic aids.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twag4 View Post
I like the look of the 14” exhaust for whatever reason. It sounds amazing. Quiet at cruise, wails at WOT. Perfect!! I hate the power limiting that the bike gives at different stages. I know he only does fuel adjustments, but man it is so much quicker now! I love everything about it. Gonna order a healtech xtre to get rid of timing cuts, then throttle control will be my problem. I grew up on bikes with no electronic nannies. I want to have to work at it to squeeze out the performance with finesse over electronic aids.
Glad you are enjoying it. The 14" does sound perfect in his vid. Part of my aversion to the location of the muffler is a desire to have bags on the bike. Not having a muffler there is important for soft luggage, due to fitment or having the bag contact the hot muffler. The stock location avoids any issues. The headers look awesome. Has anyone ever coated bike headers so they don't discolor like the car guys do? I did not know you could adjust timing without an ECU tune. Is it a piggy back unit that adds timing like a PCV adds fuel?
Old 12-28-2017, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharger View Post
Glad you are enjoying it. The 14" does sound perfect in his vid. Part of my aversion to the location of the muffler is a desire to have bags on the bike. Not having a muffler there is important for soft luggage, due to fitment or having the bag contact the hot muffler. The stock location avoids any issues. The headers look awesome. Has anyone ever coated bike headers so they don't discolor like the car guys do? I did not know you could adjust timing without an ECU tune. Is it a piggy back unit that adds timing like a PCV adds fuel?
No, a TRE just fools the bike into always thinking it is in 4th or 5th gear, this means that the timing restrictions in 1-3 and the STP limit in 6th are removed as everything is set the same as 4th or 5th.

Downside is that with many of these TREs you lose the gear indicator
Old 12-28-2017, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Gear indicator works on our model.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in