LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 Old 06-01-2018, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarykiwi View Post
i have noted that the stock header pipe is smaller than the port, those in between pipes have horrible internal obstacles to the ex flow, but yes i think you can gain a much improved midrange by giving this type of mod to the stock pipe, however the std manifold is a mass produced item with many descrepencies to the continuios flow of the ex gases
the std type collecters are very basic folded sheet vs formed bend type on the b/w and fully formed type on my ex, all these deficiencies do degrade the extra you can get, but i still think it would be worth it.
Change of plan, where down to my local exhaust fabrication place (its very unusual to buy a ready made car exhaust here, they just make one for you) and instead of modifying my headers we decided to make completely new headers similar to your modified Black widow exhaust, much longer secondaries and slightly bigger pipes and better collectors.

Hopefully I'll get the same results as you. Thanks @temporarykiwi
post #12 of 36 Old 06-01-2018, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
hi paul, heres some dimensions for you to work on, 38mm o/d headers @465mm length, 44 o/d secondary pipes @420mm ( these figures are between the release points -i.e 1st point where collectors allow gases to mix to the next point) 50.8mm tailpipe @450mm- where gases enter muffler, which is inside muffler body. i utilised the stock tailpipe as i was only trying to remedy the hole in midrange torque/power, for max power i would use 54mm od pipe
PhuketPaul likes this.
post #13 of 36 Old 06-05-2018, 12:39 AM

Garage
Thanks for the help @temporarykiwi I've built and tested the exhaust and its an incredible upgrade over a decat pipe.

Just continuous and powerful torque everywhere, it feels like there are no dips in the torque curve at all, better idle, huge midrange and amazing top end, the front wheel does not want to stay on the ground at all. It needed fuel adding almost everywhere as it must be flowing much better than stock.

It sounds better too.

We built this one from scratch with exactly the same diameter pipes as you, with all the joints ground and smoothed internally and the lengths of primaries, secondaries etc within 10mm of yours.

Last edited by PhuketPaul; 06-05-2018 at 12:41 AM.

post #14 of 36 Old 06-05-2018, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
sweet paul, looks good, those headers look like 41mm ?
post #15 of 36 Old 06-05-2018, 01:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
sweet paul, looks good, those headers look like 41mm ?
Thanks, not 41mm, they had imperial only and i used 1.5, 1.75 and 2 which is equivalent to 38, 44.5 and 50.8 outside diameter
post #16 of 36 Old 06-05-2018, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
Thanks for the help @temporarykiwi I've built and tested the exhaust and its an incredible upgrade over a decat pipe.

Just continuous and powerful torque everywhere, it feels like there are no dips in the torque curve at all, better idle, huge midrange and amazing top end, the front wheel does not want to stay on the ground at all. It needed fuel adding almost everywhere as it must be flowing much better than stock.

It sounds better too.

We built this one from scratch with exactly the same diameter pipes as you, with all the joints ground and smoothed internally and the lengths of primaries, secondaries etc within 10mm of yours.

nice looking setup
post #17 of 36 Old 06-05-2018, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post

It sounds better too.

Jeezus, that was quick!
PhuketPaul likes this.
post #18 of 36 Old 08-10-2019, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
heres some pics of the modded black widow pipe, which has transformed it into a torque monster, previously the power curve was fairly good at the bottom with the decibel killer in place, seemed abit less with it out, in the midrange though it was decidedly lacking, had a defined stage where the topend power took over and seemed strangled tne nearer to the redline you got., but without the deci killer the midrange was slightly more responsive and the top end power was seemingly better than the stock exhaust.
now with the secondary pipes lengthened to where i have calculated is the correct volume , the bottom end is even better than b4 with the modded deci killer in place, the midrange is really bulging with torque, which leads into a much improved topend over stock.
it bewilders me why black widow dont take advantage of the extra power and torque available with this style of pipe arrangement....

-
Perhaps they should employ you as a designer.
temporarykiwi likes this.
post #19 of 36 Old 08-10-2019, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
With the photos in the first page here, and if Temporarykiwi would provide or sell the dimensions or schematic and “instructions”, could not any good muffler or metal fab shop build these headers? The long secondary pipes absolutely do make a huge difference in the midrange. I was blown away when I first tried them.

A list of materials and lengths needed to order the tubing, where to get the cylinder flanges, etc., order all the material needed, then just drop it all off with the bike at a shop and tell them “please make me this, I’ll pick it up in a week”!

Possible?

Last edited by Rapido1; 08-10-2019 at 06:00 PM.
post #20 of 36 Old 08-11-2019, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Garage
Can we move this to a different thread? I really don't want to give Paul Nebbs, Phucker Paul, any more PR here. He's a liar and thief and has ripped off numerous members here for a lot of money. His threads should be deleted / burned (as should he).
gsxsdave likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page