Full Exhaust and Dyno Tune - General Questions - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rapido1
  • 1 Post By Robbieben
  • 1 Post By PhuketPaul
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Unread 03-28-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
jcahanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Full Exhaust and Dyno Tune - General Questions

Hey everyone,

I am just starting looking in to getting a full exhaust and a dyno tune (Woolrich)

What do I need and what do I need to look out for?

I was thinking Arrow header + Yoshi alpha slip on. Do I need more hardware beyond these? (I've seen O2 sensors and bungs mentioned but I don't know if I should just plug it off, run factory or get a different O2 sensor)

Should I buy the Woolrich kit for the GSXS or will a shop have everything I need? What if I want to go back to factory?

Thanks for any help.
jcahanes is offline  
post #2 of 5 Unread 03-28-2019, 10:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Rapido1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Cabo San Lucas
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Hello

Maybe no one has answered because it is best to first research the Forum as there is so much information to answer your questions, then if you need further details, start a new thread.

You can even start with a Google search, and you will see all the Forum threads come up. For example search "Yoshi Alha", or "ECU Flash"

In my opinion, it appears Dano's is the best mail-in flashing service (and you can call him and ask what options you have and need to do), and M4 full exhaust is the best performing aftermarket headers, unless you don't like the M4 muffler, then it is Arrow headers and a slip-on.
jcahanes likes this.
Rapido1 is online now  
post #3 of 5 Unread 03-28-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
jcahanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
Hello

Maybe no one has answered because it is best to first research the Forum as there is so much information to answer your questions, then if you need further details, start a new thread.

You can even start with a Google search, and you will see all the Forum threads come up. For example search "Yoshi Alha", or "ECU Flash"

In my opinion, it appears Dano's is the best mail-in flashing service (and you can call him and ask what options you have and need to do), and M4 full exhaust is the best performing aftermarket headers, unless you don't like the M4 muffler, then it is Arrow headers and a slip-on.
Thanks man, I am just super new and went through several forum posts and couldn't really get an idea of everything that I would end up needing. We should have a sticky for DIY and Projects where people can post their process on stuff.
jcahanes is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 Unread 03-29-2019, 03:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Durham, UK
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
There's some info for you in these topics.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-...fications.html

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/exhau...em-fitted.html

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/exhau...st-system.html
jcahanes likes this.

4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul.

1982 Honda CB750 BOL D'OR
2017 Kawasaki GTR 1400
2017 Suzuki GSX S1000
Robbieben is online now  
post #5 of 5 Unread 03-30-2019, 10:03 PM
Senior Member
 
PhuketPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Phuket. Thailand
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcahanes View Post
Hey everyone,

I am just starting looking in to getting a full exhaust and a dyno tune (Woolrich)

What do I need and what do I need to look out for?

I was thinking Arrow header + Yoshi alpha slip on. Do I need more hardware beyond these? (I've seen O2 sensors and bungs mentioned but I don't know if I should just plug it off, run factory or get a different O2 sensor)
The stock bike has a 12mm narrow band 02 sensor that is used on low throttle cruising and makes the bike run closed loop, i.e. the ECU keeps the bike really lean, good for emissions and fuel economy but bad for smoothness and response so the majority of bikes that have been flashed have it disconnected i.e blocked off

You only need a different 02 sensor (18mm wideband) if you are doing your own tuning on the street

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcahanes View Post
Should I buy the Woolrich kit for the GSXS or will a shop have everything I need? What if I want to go back to factory?

Thanks for any help.
If you buy theWoolich Kit then you will have to tune it yourself as the ECU needs a licence to flash them and that licence is restricted to you and that ECU, so if you are having a dyno tune leave it to the tuner to purchase the licence (they won't want to tune it using your licence and hardware)
jcahanes likes this.
PhuketPaul is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome