GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Remus vs. Akra

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  SuziL8 
#1 ·
I'm currently running Arrow headers into an SP Engineering slip-on. I'm wanting get a slip-on that mounts to the factory location on the rearset and not the passenger footpeg. Really liking the Remus and that new Akrapovic they recently released. I'm wondering which of those two would be less noisy with the headers? What's everyone think?

Also I would welcome other options that mount to the factory location.

#7 ·
The difference is the gasket. The stock can is fitted with a fairly thick gasket which in total is equal to the outlet diameter of after market headers.
The problem is, many manufacturers have made cans to fit the stock system minus the gasket (M4, shorty Akra etc).
None of these will fit an after market header.
Cans that do fit after market include: Stock can, Yoshi R-11 and Alpha, the original Akra etc

#11 ·
I see now. I always assumed the Arrow headers and the stock headers had the same outlet size. I never looked close enough at it. I don't know why they would be making slip-ons that only will fit the stock headers, instead of making the tubing size bigger and having the option to use that exhaust gasket for the stock headers. Stupid. Really limits the options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.