Ok.... All back together, and no extra parts or pieces, that's a good sign. Haven't rode it yet due to the lower cowl is slightly touching the brake side header pipe. So, now I'm trying to figure out what to do about this. Any ideas that don't involve cutting and shaping the cowl? I don't trust myself in the plastic fab/repair field. Seems super loud even with the DB killer in.
Nevermind...after applying some "cool tape", I reassembled with a gentler hand and i have just a few millimeters of clearance, plus the tape. I think I'm good. Will ride to work this afternoon, and report back late tonight.
Ok since you've got everything together I'd like to pick your brain.
Currently I have the fairings off.
Plan on the following as my game plan.
1. Undo radiator bolts
2. Bungee to forks
3. Unbolt 2 fasteners on exhaust valve motor
4. Undo cables from exhaust
5. Unplug the exhaust motor from wire plug and get it off bike.
6. Undo oxygen sensor
7. Take off exhaust heat shield and then unbolt slip on
8. Undo headers from manifolds
9. Drop the OEM exhaust system
10. Loosely fit m4 headers
11. Add mid pipe and slip on with longer bolt
12. Add springs
13. Wiggle on fitment to taste
Between step 10 do you suggest putting on headers first or spring up exhaust system first then mount to exhaust manifolds?