Custom Exhaust? - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 09-09-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Blaw272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Custom Exhaust?

Can someone please confirm this isn’t the Paul from the full system hiatus that happened a bit ago?
Attached Images
File Type: png B1ACDAD2-F690-490A-86FE-737A8BF806A5_1568030672243.png (291.4 KB, 42 views)
Blaw272 is offline  
post #2 of 22 Old 09-09-2019, 09:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Reagenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Don't believe it is. The other was Paul Nebbs. As far as I know, this guy is legit and the headers are Lextek or something. Xp8c is another system he sells, I think. Some on here have them and I've heard only good things about them.

2016 GSXS1000F
2017 GSXR1000
Reagenn is online now  
post #3 of 22 Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Blaw272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagenn View Post
Don't believe it is. The other was Paul Nebbs. As far as I know, this guy is legit and the headers are Lextek or something. Xp8c is another system he sells, I think. Some on here have them and I've heard only good things about them.
Great thanks. I may give these headers a try along with Rapido’s titanium LV-10. Just hoping the headers are decent as you pay for what you get
Blaw272 is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 Old 09-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Junior Member
 
guy's gsx-s's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
No it's definitely not. This lad is in England he is part of an accessory company based in England. Lextek. Theres been very good feedback from people who have bought this system on the uk based gsx-s forum pages..its very very similar to the arrows headers. They also do a great range of cans to fit it as well. They post around the world.
guy's gsx-s is online now  
post #5 of 22 Old 09-10-2019, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Blaw272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply. After more research I decided to go with them. Seems like a stellar deal for good quality headers. Never heard of LexTek down in Canada but will be exciting to fit these headers on!
Blaw272 is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 09-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Reagenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Cool deal. Let us know how you like them once they come it.

2016 GSXS1000F
2017 GSXR1000
Reagenn is online now  
post #7 of 22 Old 09-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaw272 View Post
Thanks for the reply. After more research I decided to go with them. Seems like a stellar deal for good quality headers. Never heard of LexTek down in Canada but will be exciting to fit these headers on!
I've gone with them, so far very happy. Certainly so for the price. They fit pretty well, and sound great with my Yoshi Alpha slip on.

I installed them and test rode it without changing my fueling, and noticed a little more oomph in the mid range. I didn't try much at top end.

I have installed the Woolwich racing Flash kit and log box, and definitely have noticeably more power all the way through the range(haven't used the autotune feature just yet, I've roughed it in, and that's my next step). I managed to spin the wheel under hard throttle in 2nd, where before it'd just pull a power wheelie.... Hopefully going to manage to get to a dyno, likely next season, to see proper numbers. (Canada as well...)


Anyways. All this to say I'm definitely happy with the purchase. They give better power than stock, better noise than stock, and cost less than every other brand, but still feel pretty quality. I'm sure though, m4 is still probably among the best for this bike, but this is without a doubt a worthwhile more budget friendly header set, if you want an upgrade from OEM.
Jones427 is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old 09-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Rapido1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Cabo San Lucas
Posts: 1,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
And Blaw, I hope you will be sending your ECU out for a flash to fully gain the benefits of your new headers!
Rapido1 is online now  
post #9 of 22 Old 09-10-2019, 11:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Reagenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
+1 on what Rapido said...get that baby tuned. It's amazing what a little extra hp and torque will do. The other day I was hitting it pretty hard on a back road and didn't even realize I was floating the front wheel until it touched down at about 80mph and jerked my handlebars.

Blaw, you're gonna love your headers and tune!

2016 GSXS1000F
2017 GSXR1000
Reagenn is online now  
post #10 of 22 Old 09-11-2019, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Blaw272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
[QUOTE=Jones427;393796]
Quote:

I've gone with them, so far very happy. Certainly so for the price. They fit pretty well, and sound great with my Yoshi Alpha slip on.

I installed them and test rode it without changing my fueling, and noticed a little more oomph in the mid range. I didn't try much at top end.

I have installed the Woolwich racing Flash kit and log box, and definitely have noticeably more power all the way through the range(haven't used the autotune feature just yet, I've roughed it in, and that's my next step). I managed to spin the wheel under hard throttle in 2nd, where before it'd just pull a power wheelie.... Hopefully going to manage to get to a dyno, likely next season, to see proper numbers. (Canada as well...)


Anyways. All this to say I'm definitely happy with the purchase. They give better power than stock, better noise than stock, and cost less than every other brand, but still feel pretty quality. I'm sure though, m4 is still probably among the best for this bike, but this is without a doubt a worthwhile more budget friendly header set, if you want an upgrade from OEM.
Awesome review. Thanks so much for the information. How did you find the install? Did you end up ordering the servo buddy as well?

I am planning to install PCV next season. Not sure if I should go with PCV and dyno or ECU flash. To be honest I’m not crazy mechanically inclined. Is removing the ECU a simple job? Thanks

Brian
Blaw272 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome