GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Custom Exhaust?

5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Goon 
#1 ·
Can someone please confirm this isn’t the Paul from the full system hiatus that happened a bit ago?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't believe it is. The other was Paul Nebbs. As far as I know, this guy is legit and the headers are Lextek or something. Xp8c is another system he sells, I think. Some on here have them and I've heard only good things about them.

#4 ·
No it's definitely not. This lad is in England he is part of an accessory company based in England. Lextek. Theres been very good feedback from people who have bought this system on the uk based gsx-s forum pages..its very very similar to the arrows headers. They also do a great range of cans to fit it as well. They post around the world.

#7 ·
I've gone with them, so far very happy. Certainly so for the price. They fit pretty well, and sound great with my Yoshi Alpha slip on.

I installed them and test rode it without changing my fueling, and noticed a little more oomph in the mid range. I didn't try much at top end.

I have installed the Woolwich racing Flash kit and log box, and definitely have noticeably more power all the way through the range(haven't used the autotune feature just yet, I've roughed it in, and that's my next step). I managed to spin the wheel under hard throttle in 2nd, where before it'd just pull a power wheelie.... Hopefully going to manage to get to a dyno, likely next season, to see proper numbers. (Canada as well...)

Anyways. All this to say I'm definitely happy with the purchase. They give better power than stock, better noise than stock, and cost less than every other brand, but still feel pretty quality. I'm sure though, m4 is still probably among the best for this bike, but this is without a doubt a worthwhile more budget friendly header set, if you want an upgrade from OEM.

#9 ·
+1 on what Rapido said...get that baby tuned. It's amazing what a little extra hp and torque will do. The other day I was hitting it pretty hard on a back road and didn't even realize I was floating the front wheel until it touched down at about 80mph and jerked my handlebars.

Blaw, you're gonna love your headers and tune!

#11 ·
Thanks Reagenn and Rapido for the advice! I have been thinking about sending the ECU off. I may hold off until next season and simply get the headers and LV-10 slip on installed.

I’ll give updates with the install. Hoping the header should come with a step by step guide

#14 ·
Don't have to remove the airbox to block the Pair valve unless you're doing Block-off plates. You can just plug the tube on the airbox itself, which is a easy job.

I personally did the Block-off plates, but that was just so I could take the Pair valve apparatus completely off.

#21 ·
The stock fuelling whilst not perfect is likely better than a map for a full system.

If you're on the fence about modding then I highly recommend a full system or decat.

I just did a decat, still running stock ECU and it pulls like crazy, especially higher in the revs. Sounds super sexy too.

#22 ·
Just a note on exhaust systems, just seen a Scorpion system on a Triumph Triple, it had the stubby can appearance but where the awful turkey tray silencer was instead a writhing snake type pipe. I'm guessing this is to keep the "tuned length" of the overall pipe where the box has zigzag routed pipe inside it. On this thinking, the aftermarket systems should either have this "snake" type pipe or a longer link pipe to replicate the correct exhaust length and keep the power characteristics, I'm just thinking of when I see how long the pipes are on older GSXRS and the like. Am I right here or got it wrong?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.