• 1 Post By gixxerjasen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quieten standard exhaust? GSXS 1000F

GSXS 1000F. Any ideas how to quieten the standard exhaust? No baffle to wrap. Never used to be a problem, but now on long runs it affects me for days afterwards. Or is it down to buying an aftermarket can?
Cheers
Trev
post #2 of 3 Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Garage
You have two posts total on this forum, both of which are new threads with almost the exact same question in the exact same subforum. Have you read any of the responses in your other thread? Aftermarket cans will likely only make it louder.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/exhau...t-quieter.html
frog4aday likes this.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
post #3 of 3 Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Maybe it's not so much the factory (OEM) exhaust that is wearing you out on long trips but more wind noise in general? Do you wear a full-face helmet? Do you wear foam earplugs? Both those things will help a lot. While the factory exhaust is louder than MOST it really isn't THAT loud. I only really notice it when passing a wall or going through an enclosure (like a tunnel.) When rolling down the road at 55mph to 75mph, I never really hear or notice it. I think WIND NOISE is the culprit if you are affected for DAYS after a long ride.

And...don't start a SECOND post when people have already been responding to the SAME ISSUE in your FIRST post. Just a courtesy thing. Good luck to you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in