collectors arrow and exhaust yoshimura power commander 5 help - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-23-2020, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
collectors arrow and exhaust yoshimura power commander 5 help

hi guys would someone be kind enough to give me a suitable map for power commander 5? my configuration is: arrow racing manifolds, yoshimura r11 exhaust, power commander 5, racing filter ... thanks in advance
post #2 of 11 Old 02-17-2020, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freimal View Post
hi guys would someone be kind enough to give me a suitable map for power commander 5? my configuration is: arrow racing manifolds, yoshimura r11 exhaust, power commander 5, racing filter ... thanks in advance
IS your bike Backfiring on deleceration? Are you running less effeciently? What issues are you facing ?

Anyway :

https://dynojet.co.uk/mybike/
post #3 of 11 Old Yesterday, 03:40 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
freimal, you have gone to all that trouble putting a new exhaust on,
you should fit an auto tune to get it right.

post #4 of 11 Old Yesterday, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I've got a full yoshimura system k&n and pcv mines a 2016 its been set up on a dyno tk nake it run less lean. As when it did the 1st run the bloke doing it said itcwas as ifvthe bike was running on thin air ,wat too lean. If i kew how to upload the map off if I'd do it for you. It might help it run a bit richer. But later models had a different ecu. So it might not work on newr ecu variants.
Srad749 likes this.
post #5 of 11 Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy's gsx-s View Post
I've got a full yoshimura system k&n and pcv mines a 2016 its been set up on a dyno tk nake it run less lean. As when it did the 1st run the bloke doing it said itcwas as ifvthe bike was running on thin air ,wat too lean. If i kew how to upload the map off if I'd do it for you. It might help it run a bit richer. But later models had a different ecu. So it might not work on newr ecu variants.

A full system is running leaner? interesting thought it'd be the other way round.
Can you take a pciture of the map via the Power Commander Software?

As Srad749 states : Get an AutoTune ; watch YouTube & learn the benefits of having it with your PCV

B R E A T H E
post #6 of 11 Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixis1k View Post
A full system is running leaner? interesting thought it'd be the other way round.
Better exhaust = more air, more air with the same amount of fuel = leaner.
post #7 of 11 Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatMillington View Post
Better exhaust = more air, more air with the same amount of fuel = leaner.
Leaness is controlled by the injectors , not the exhaust , the exhaust is the outlet after the fact , No?

The air is controlled via the air box / filter (which is why the stock paper trash should be trashed)

if the injectors are instructed to inject less fuel then it'll run leaner , I just thought that with a decatted straight through system youd end up with backfiring . . . normally works this way & increasing the fuel ratio (ruchness) is one remedial technique , albeit a temporary one

B R E A T H E

Last edited by Gixis1k; Yesterday at 08:16 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old Today, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixis1k View Post
Leaness is controlled by the injectors , not the exhaust , the exhaust is the outlet after the fact , No?

The air is controlled via the air box / filter (which is why the stock paper trash should be trashed)

if the injectors are instructed to inject less fuel then it'll run leaner , I just thought that with a decatted straight through system youd end up with backfiring . . . normally works this way & increasing the fuel ratio (ruchness) is one remedial technique , albeit a temporary one

An engine is nothing but an air pump with a combustion cycle for energy. Any improvement to getting the gasses in (intake) and out (exhaust) will improve the ability of the engine to move air. More air = more fuel. When you improve the efficiency of the intake or exhaust you need to increase the duty cycle of the injectors to maintain the same A/F ratio.
Srad749 likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old Today, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatMillington View Post
An engine is nothing but an air pump with a combustion cycle for energy. Any improvement to getting the gasses in (intake) and out (exhaust) will improve the ability of the engine to move air. More air = more fuel. When you improve the efficiency of the intake or exhaust you need to increase the duty cycle of the injectors to maintain the same A/F ratio.
is the fuel injection not set / controlled by the ecu? so the injection is what it is unless otherwise modified (ecu flash , PC , boosterplug) no?
adding more air to the mix doesn't necessarily add fuel to the mix 🤔 sure its not as simple as that & the exhaust is the outlet , unless the ecu is self learning how would the instruction for fuel injection change by modifying the exhaust

I've researched a bit ; maybe I need to do more 😂
post #10 of 11 Old Today, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
wheatmillington is correct, the stock ex system limits the power allowing lean fueling, a less retrictive exhaust allows the full amount of air the eng is trying to intake , resulting in more power, and leaner fueling, then a proper extracter exhaust system ups the anti, by creating vacume to be applied to the cylinder, causing more air to enter the combustion chamber quicker, hence more power to be had once fueling is adjusted to suit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page