GSXS 1000 Forum banner

More comfy seat on S1000F ?

14K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Motorider 
#1 ·
Hi All

Everything about my brilliant S1000F is just about perfect - except the seat.

It's probably me, but the seat is totally comfy for maybe 20 mins, then gets really uncomfortable. No matter how much I shift around, no good. If I stop just for a few mins, all is good again. I'm guessing that maybe it's a bit soft, but not really sure.

So, the question from me, is has anyone had this issue and if so, did they buy a replacement or some up with some solution ? Any suggestions from people who have experienced the same on other bikes and come up with good solutions ?

Any ideas much appreciated. I want to go a whole heap further on a ride than a couple of hours !!

Thanks in advance

Matt

#7 ·
I use the air hawk inflatable seat. It attaches underneath your original seat, allows infinite adjustability and you can ride all day. I found it better than gel shorts and much more comfortable than gel shorts if riding in leathers. The trick is to have as little air as possible in the seat. This only takes a single ride to work out. You'll know if you have too much air because you'll feel like your rolling around on top of it. There is a little valve at the back which allows you to release air. Take a bit out at a time until your butt is just off the Suzuki seat and bingo. You won't regret it. Just google air hawk to find your local supplier. BTW, I don't work for them, but have used their product with four different bikes including an MV which had a seat like a wooden plank. Tried all sorts of different ideas until I came across the air hawk. Good luck.

#10 ·
I'm only 60kg and 165cm tall so I actually found the AHSP small pillion seat to be the best fit on my naked GSX S1000.
Motorcycle Cushions - AHSP - Small Pillion - Airhawk Australia | Seat Cushions | Motorcycle | Truck | Bus | Car | Heavy Vehicle

Depending on your size (i.e. no offence but basically how large your butt is) they also make the AHDS dual sport seat for sport bikes.
Motorcycle Cushions - AHDS - Dual Sport - Airhawk Australia | Seat Cushions | Motorcycle | Truck | Bus | Car | Heavy Vehicle

Have a look at this link as it gives the measurements of these and other models and you can then measure it against your bike's seat. If your butt takes up the majority of your seat, then the dual sport may be a better bet based on my experiences. Motorcycle Cushions - Airhawk Australia | Seat Cushions | Motorcycle | Truck | Bus | Car | Heavy Vehicle

No matter which one you get you won't be sorry. They are so comfortable. I know this because being small, I have little padding in the butt to cushion against a hard seat I.e. I feel it more than most, yet I've ridden all day in comfort with the airhawk. Had one for over 3 years.

#17 ·
I had an interesting thing happen, I was too lazy to put textile riding pants on so I wore my jeans with knee armor underneath and I found my seats on two different bikes were much more comfortable than with wearing the riding pants.
I recommend and wear full gear all the time but this made me wonder how much of the problem is caused by the riding pants?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.