34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2015, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quick Shifter

I rode a friends 2014 Aprilia Tuono this weekend and it has a quick shifter. The quick shifter is the greatest thing since rubber tires. Anyway, the experience made me start thinking about adding one to my GSX S1000. Dynojet makes one and it requires a PCV but that is no problem because I ordered a PCV from Fuel Moto yesterday. I couldn't resist the temptation because it the PCV was on sale.

So, has anyone added a quick shifter to their GSX S1000? If so, which brand and how did it work out?
Old 12-14-2015, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Yep. HM superlite. I had to send the first one back as it would randomly stop working. Apparently this is very unusual but there was no argument from HM, I can't fault their customer service.
The replacement works perfectly. A whole lotta fun but it's the base model so doesn't do downshifting.
I wouldn't be without one now.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnz View Post
Yep. HM superlite. I had to send the first one back as it would randomly stop working. Apparently this is very unusual but there was no argument from HM, I can't fault their customer service.
The replacement works perfectly. A whole lotta fun but it's the base model so doesn't do downshifting.
I wouldn't be without one now.
Excuse my dimness ..but why is a quickshifter so good and why would you need one on a road bike..?...

Old 12-14-2015, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
I've got the HM Seamless, fantastic bit of kit, decided this bike had to have one after having a OEM unit on my Tuono V4. No moving parts so nothing to wear out, just plug + play and they are interchangeable between bikes you may just need to change the coil loom, HM Quickshifter
Would of been happy with the Plus but they had an offer on their fb page selling the Plus SS for the same price. Customer service is excellent too.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)

Last edited by lee711; 12-14-2015 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
Excuse my dimness ..but why is a quickshifter so good and why would you need one on a road bike..?...
So I can txt with my left hand while riding.
ackack, lee711 and matdaddy like this.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Every HM Quickshifter works in EITHER the “up” or “down” shift pattern (standard or GP shift)

that's good then. I want quickshifter for both up and down.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnz View Post
So I can txt with my left hand while riding.
Hmmmm... There's always one...!! ..
runaway likes this.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
i'll take a slipper clutch over a quick shifter any day; don't see an after market slipper clutch for our bike as yet...anyone?
Old 12-14-2015, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
You certainly don't have to have one under any riding conditions but when you are riding hard and fast on the twisties, which is what I bought the bike for, it just makes shifting so seamless and "quick" that it added to the pleasure of the ride. But, more than that, I will be using the bike for "track days" and believe it will be helpful in that venue. For a racer, it is a must have; for me, I just like the way it works and feels.
lee711 and Detroitdawg like this.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebobd View Post
i'll take a slipper clutch over a quick shifter any day; don't see an after market slipper clutch for our bike as yet...anyone?
When the bike was announced early this year, every article I read assumed it would come with a slipper clutch just like the R1000. Some review articles written after the bike hit the market expressed disappointment that it did not have a slipper. I assume it was omitted for cost reasons. I was in a Suzuki dealership this past weekend in Atlanta and a salesman told me that he felt sure that a third party slipper would become available in the future. My frustration is that the US after-market industry seems very slow reacting to the bike. A prime example is a decent add-on wind screen for the naked version. Oh well, I'll continue to wait and watch for new stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in