Primary TPS could be the key to SNATCH??? - Page 63 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

425Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #621 of 721 Old 04-24-2018, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Even though I can't change the TC settings on the fly with the TPS voltages adjusted to spec, I can change the setting with the ignition on but the bike not running. This is good enough for me, as I don't change it very often anyway.
post #622 of 721 Old 04-24-2018, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
@PCBliss - that's exactly what happened with me, as i'm not constantly changing TC levels on the fly all the time, it really is no issue for me.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)
post #623 of 721 Old 04-24-2018, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee711 View Post
@PCBliss - that's exactly what happened with me, as i'm not constantly changing TC levels on the fly all the time, it really is no issue for me.
Me too. Resetting the fully closed learned position will cure it. Healtech OBD tool cost me 146 to do it.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)

post #624 of 721 Old 05-07-2018, 11:02 AM

I've put a couple hundred miles on the bike since the TPS adjustment. I did the Power Commander V when the bike has less than 200 miles and that fixed 85% of the throttle snatch. The TPS adjustment fixed another 14%. So the bike is 99% perfect now! Couldn't be happier with it. Perhaps the TPS adjustment fixed 99% of the throttle snatch on its own without a Power Commander also, but I couldn't speak to that.
Beaker likes this.
post #625 of 721 Old 05-07-2018, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekker View Post
Me too. Resetting the fully closed learned position will cure it. Healtech OBD tool cost me 146 to do it.
Quoting myself here. Just to say I also had to reset the "learned value" in the PCV software as well.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #626 of 721 Old 05-29-2018, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Geobob/tigerlily1 Send a message via MSN to Geobob/tigerlily1 Send a message via Yahoo to Geobob/tigerlily1
I had to removed all the body work on my F model just to change the oil (what a ridiculous pain in the ass) so I adjusted the TPS. It was simple once I figured out which connector under the rear seat to jump. So what is the other connector for? I moved reading from _C00 to high reading (could not figure out how to do a super script hash mark). I passed on the -C00 setting in the hopes the if a little is good, a lot is better. So far it idles good and seems to run much better. It does idle a little higher but I can understand that. I assume the bike is thinking the throttle is never really closed. I do some further testing today if I can. Changing is going to take some work since getting the two panels out is no simple task. I am assuming that lifting the tank requires only pulling them and the front tank cover and few screws.
post #627 of 721 Old 05-29-2018, 06:44 AM

You also have to remove the two seats and the seat side panels. Those are easy though.
post #628 of 721 Old 05-30-2018, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geobob/tigerlily1 View Post
I had to removed all the body work on my F model just to change the oil (what a ridiculous pain in the ass) so I adjusted the TPS. It was simple once I figured out which connector under the rear seat to jump. So what is the other connector for? I moved reading from _C00 to high reading (could not figure out how to do a super script hash mark). I passed on the -C00 setting in the hopes the if a little is good, a lot is better. So far it idles good and seems to run much better. It does idle a little higher but I can understand that. I assume the bike is thinking the throttle is never really closed. I do some further testing today if I can. Changing is going to take some work since getting the two panels out is no simple task. I am assuming that lifting the tank requires only pulling them and the front tank cover and few screws.
From my old fading memory of this long long long thread, if you go too far past -C00 on the high side, you run into the traction control being unable to be adjusted while in gear as the ECU is thinking you have closed not the throttle grip.

Rob.
post #629 of 721 Old 05-31-2018, 03:04 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Have to thank everyone for there input on this subject. I'm not overly mechanically minded but managed to work my way through it.

Removed the seats, fairings and lifted the tank without any drama. My bike is a Jan 16, naked version. My bike read _C00, so i adjusted it to -C00. I had also brought a Boosterplug like the day before i saw this thread so i added that as well.

Bike definitely runs better now when i cut the throttle, it was pretty rough last weekend at higher speeds when i went to change gears so i am pleased with the results. It also has improved the throttle control at 50km/h round town.

Thanks all, appreciate it.
post #630 of 721 Old 05-31-2018, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Hi All, (apologies for the font, something went wrong with preview after copy and paste )

Earlier posts referred that the next step after resetting the TPS via a Suzuki Workshop Manual which said to 'reset' the "learned value".
This post is trying to clarify the difference between the Fault finding and routine maintenance in the Suzuki Workshop Manual.
The term "learner value and reset" only is of interest in fault finding as I try to explain below. If you have not created any error codes (and COO is not an error), you do not have to reset any 'learned value'. That term is Suzi call an error code that is stays or is active.

I think that earlier poster quoted from a section from Fault Finding to fix an existing "C??" type fault rather than from the Maintenance area.

I remembered that I has a PDF copy of the Gladius W/M which is the same as the GSXS, just a different bike in that regard.

Fault Finding and Repairs:
Suzuki in my Manual infers that the any real Fault codes caused by a faulty part (e.g. TPS ) will make a C14 code and after the replacement of it, the TPS needs to be set to -COO (as it a is newly installed part) AND then the "learned value" (as in fault code C14) which is in still the ECU memory be erased (reset).

The Gladius Manual has this for the maintenance setting of the TPS:
TP Sensor Adjustment:

Inspect the TP sensor setting position and adjust it if necessary in the following procedures:
1) Connect the special tool (Mode select switch {or the temp bit of wire or paper clip) to the dealer mode coupler.
2) Warm up the engine and keep it running in idling speed.
3) Turn the mode select switch ON.
4) Check the position of the bar in the left of C code displayed on the LCD panel. (the COO)
5) If the TP sensor adjustment is necessary, lift and support the fuel tank. Refer to “Fuel Tank Removal and Installation in Section 1G (Page 1G-6)”.
6) Loosen the TP sensor mounting screw (1) using the special tool and turn the TP sensor to bring the bar to the correct position.
7) Tighten the TP sensor mounting screw to the specified torque. Tightening torque TP sensor mounting screw: 3.5 Nm (0.35 kgf-m, 2.5 lbf-ft)
8) Turn off the engine and install the removed parts.

And no more is needed - go for a ride and enjoy your GSXS.
Rob.

"reset learned value" means you have to connect SDS software to ECU and reset the value the ECU has programmed as "zero". Yo have to do it in suzuki dealer.

Please, see manual (use firefox), or attached images:

GSX-S1000/A/F/FA (L6) SERVICE MANUAL

go to:

1-Engine > 1-C Engine eletrical devices > TP Fully Closed Learned Value Reset

Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (52.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (81.4 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by edcharly; 05-31-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page