LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-29-2016, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
PCV throttle calibration after TPS adjustment

Today i fitted a toggle switch to the PCV to swap between maps and noticed that throttle position on the PCV screen was showing an open value of 2% it should read 0%. I assume this was because of the previous TPS adjustments that have been made to the bike, although the bike's ECM has had this value reset, the PCV was receiving a voltage signal that it interpreted as a 2% open throttle and was therefore fueling the bike for this value, so I followed the reset procedure and it's now reading 0% at closed. Very simple process but thought i would bring this up for anyone who has done their TPS and also running a PCV.

"We have seen as high as an 8% variation in the throttle position from bike to bike. If yours is not reading “zero” at idle with the motor at normal temperature, then use the following procedure to correct it. In the Power Commander Control Center Software, go to menu “Power Commander Tools” and look for the tool to calibrate the throttle. The bike should always be running when setting the throttle position, as the voltage the sensor sends out can vary between when the bike is at “key on” and “motor running”. The bike also needs to be at fully warmed up to its normal operating temperature. All you need to do is press "reset" while the bike running at idle, then quickly turn the throttle wide open till you hit the mechanical stop, then let go. Next press "Ok". You don't have to rev the bike out, the throttle just needs to go all the way to wide open and then back to idle."
Srad749 and Doddy666 like this.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)
post #2 of 5 Old 08-30-2016, 04:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
I got mine reading 1% open with tps adjustment done. Going in to be remapped on saturday so will check then

Certain people are like slinky's, no apparent use but always bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs
post #3 of 5 Old 08-30-2016, 04:12 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
you seeing this on the screen to a laptop when plugged in to pcv

post #4 of 5 Old 08-30-2016, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toppo View Post
you seeing this on the screen to a laptop when plugged in to pcv
Yes

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)
post #5 of 5 Old 08-31-2016, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Thanks lee711 that's exactly what I needed to know

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page