15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 03-01-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Chinese rearsets

So i originally wanted to have some sort of adjustment for my foot pegs. At first I bought extendable ones seen below. They made my feet stick out too far though.

I looked into adjustable rear sets like the ones from litech but they we're all starting at $280 and above.
So I bought a set from China for $120. They had black, silver, and gold. They were out of the black though so I bought silver and had some powder coating done. I actually don't mind this because now there is a little bit of contrast

Build quality of solid aluminum. I can't speak to the Specific quality of the metal but it seems as solid as can be expected. Not sure how paying triple could be worth it.....so far.
I will post a follow up after I try to mount them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tonyt, Beaker, DenverYZF and 3 others like this.
post #2 of 31 Old 03-01-2017, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Nice!
I've been waiting for something like those, using buell pegs right now. Can you please share a link to where you go those?

2016 GSX-S1000 ABS Red & Black

Past Bikes:
FZ-1
GSX-R 1000
R-6 (Track Only)
YZF-600R
NightHawk 550
NightHawk 750
V-45 Sabre
Katana 600
XS-650
post #3 of 31 Old 03-01-2017, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Those look Nice!

post #4 of 31 Old 03-01-2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I bought them from ebay UK.....I've purchased most of my bike accessories from the UK. Europe gets better OEM and 3rd party aftermarket parts

CNC Adjustable Rearsets Footpeg for SUZUKI GSX-S1000F GSXS1000F 2015-2016 | eBay

I will say that you will absolutely need to use thread locker with them.
post #5 of 31 Old 03-01-2017, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Just ordered a set! Nice find, Thank you
post #6 of 31 Old 03-02-2017, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Garage
According to the Ebay description they are higher and further back, as you would expect "Rearsets" to be.
Can anyone confirm this.
Not ideal for those wanting to replace Buell pegs, or can they be set lower?
Any info welcome.
post #7 of 31 Old 03-02-2017, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I put them on yesterday. I have not taken exact measurements but they can be adjusted to a very neutral position. Very close to stock in its most neutral setup and relatively aggressive in the other extreme.

Im not sure if these are rip offs of the mgp racing ones but they have almost the same exact design and are about $250 cheaper......their is a video on youtube of someone installing the mgp ones on a gsx-s1000 that would serve as a perfect installation guide.

gsx-s1000 sato racing rearsets you tube - Bing video

MGP
https://www.hotbodiesracing.com/prod...mgp-rear-sets/

Probably made by the same company in china and then ripped off with small changes.
greenturbobob likes this.
post #8 of 31 Old 03-02-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

So here they are mounted. I couldn't actually powder coat the break and shift levers because the bearings are still in them and those could not go into an oven. They are spray-painted but the paint does not seem to hold very well. I will likely revert them to silver but it Will still look good like that.
As mentioned it is a little bit sportier but truthfully can be configured to a very neutral position
The only pain in the butt was finding the right foot peg position required me to loosen them from the frame enough to provide enough clearance for the bolt to be removed from the foot peg....... I would not have applied my thread locker yet and I thought of this ahead of time.
My other problem was they forgot to include the brake lever return spring..... I found a suitable replacement in the hardware store but it's the principle of it dammit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 31 Old 03-04-2017, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Just pulled the trigger on these. Will probably keep them silver... Thanks @dqban for the heads up!
post #10 of 31 Old 03-24-2017, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
Great thread - I'm interested in doing something different with my footpegs.

With the stock setup I noticed my feet are partly on the footpeg bracket, so the Buell pegs wouldn't work for me (or I'd have to have my feet farther out, and effectively reduce the width of the foot peg)

I personally wouldn't feel great about 'unknown' quality metal or brand. God forbid something breaks when I'm standing on the pegs... I hope I'm just over-cautious and whoever gets the less expensive ones never has a problem.

Also, having just scraped one of the stock pegs for the first time, I feel like the 'feelers' are a good thing... Maybe better riders appreciate not having them, but this is my first real performance bike and I'll take any advanced warning I can get of excessive lean angle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page