1000F twin headlight mod? - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 7Likes
  • 1 Post By PhuketPaul
  • 3 Post By gixerhp
  • 3 Post By susskiki
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-20-2017, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Simon W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Staffordhire UK
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1000F twin headlight mod?

Am I the only person that finds the standard one lamp dip beam set up wrto be just wrong?

I want twin dip and twin high beams, is there a known mod available? Quite happy adding relays and wires to provide power.

W\as looking at H7 LED's with adaptor plates and a simple piggyback loom to allow reversion back to stock.

An alternative could be seperate LED chips 's on the bottom of the reflector?
Simon W is online now  
post #2 of 10 Old 10-20-2017, 08:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
I think it is "wrong" too! The last 10,000 miles has been high beam only for me On my F ( to run both lights). So I obviously can't help. But I would be very interested in any solution.
Rusty is online now  
post #3 of 10 Old 10-20-2017, 10:03 PM
Senior Member
 
PhuketPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Phuket. Thailand
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
Am I the only person that finds the standard one lamp dip beam set up wrto be just wrong?

I want twin dip and twin high beams, is there a known mod available? Quite happy adding relays and wires to provide power.

W\as looking at H7 LED's with adaptor plates and a simple piggyback loom to allow reversion back to stock.

An alternative could be seperate LED chips 's on the bottom of the reflector?
I agree, looks stupid with only one on. Not an straightforward modification.

The two sides of the light housing are different. The reflectors are different, one side has concave panels and the other side convex panels. So you wouldn't get the beam pattern. Also the bulb filiament would be in the wrong orientation.

The most effective way to do it would be to replace the reflector each side with projectors



See here for more details
KiwiJaZ likes this.
PhuketPaul is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 10-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
The layout is similar to the V-strom 650 which does have 2 low and 2 high beams. Not sure why they didn't carry that over to this bike. Maybe it let them get away with a lower capacity electrical system. Both lamps are the same so the difference between the two sides is in the reflectors.

--Gary

2016 GSX-S1000F, Red/Black
2014 V-Strom 1000
2012 DR650
2011 Burgman 400
2007 Honda Helix
2013 DL650 - Sold
G-Dub is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 10-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
robdeniro0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Upper Marlboro Md. USA
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
I agree, looks stupid with only one on. Not an straightforward modification.

The two sides of the light housing are different. The reflectors are different, one side has concave panels and the other side convex panels. So you wouldn't get the beam pattern. Also the bulb filiament would be in the wrong orientation.

The most effective way to do it would be to replace the reflector each side with projectors



See here for more details
Man that is phenomenal work on the lights! I would love that set up but looks like a lot of work.
robdeniro0 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 10-24-2017, 11:35 PM
Member
 
gixerhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Im sourcing the parts here in the states, to do this,,
Rusty, robdeniro0 and matthayes like this.
gixerhp is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 10-26-2017, 06:49 AM
Senior Member
 
robdeniro0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Upper Marlboro Md. USA
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerhp View Post
Im sourcing the parts here in the states, to do this,,
Subscribed to your efforts!
robdeniro0 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 11-29-2017, 07:12 PM
Junior Member
 
susskiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: France
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello...here is my mod for twin headlights(2 bixenon and 2 leds). ..now it lights correctly for night riding....and think personally that it looks more agressive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170827_144505_1512000664499.jpg (129.1 KB, 89 views)
Beaker, PhuketPaul and Nfredriksen like this.

Last edited by susskiki; 11-29-2017 at 07:18 PM.
susskiki is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 05-08-2018, 07:22 AM
soosliknj1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Hello. Is there any new updates on this topic? Any direct headlight replacements we can buy?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 10 Old 05-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Senior Member
 
PhuketPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Phuket. Thailand
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soosliknj1 View Post
Hello. Is there any new updates on this topic? Any direct headlight replacements we can buy?
Upgraded mine again recently, quad Bi-xenon lamps and DRLs.

I don't know of any you can purchase outright, I built mine myself

https://youtu.be/QiLcXiXj8iY
PhuketPaul is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome