• 2 Post By GSX-S1K
  • 1 Post By Bulle

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-10-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
GSX-S1000 LED Shift light and Nitrous/WOT indicator.

Some of you guys had asked me for more pictures of my motorcycle. I found the time to post the pictures and I also posted up a video on YouTube. "

I made a LED display that holds my RPM/Shift Light and Nitrous/WOT indicator. It took some work to build and install this display, but none of my videos show how great is looks. Im trying to find a camera that can record video with very low light.

I installed the display just under the headlight fairing, and just above the factory instrument cluster.

The top blue LEDs are for my Nitrous system. When the Nitrous system is in a "Standby mode", the LEDs scan light left and right (like the Night Rider car front display).

For the Nitrous system to be "Active", the engine has to reach a SET RPM and the throttle has to be WOT. When the Nitrous system is "Active" the LEDs go a solid bright blue to show me the Nitrous system is active. I do not have to push a button to active the system when I need it. Activating my Nitrous is automatic, kind of. The two requirements to active my Nitrous system are for the engine to be above a SET RPM and for the throttle to be WOT (both at the same time).
My YouTube video (at 3:35 time) shows this indicator working in the Standby and Active modes.

The LED RPM/Shift Light is just below the Nitrous indicator. The Shift Light is adjustable to any RPM up to about 20,000 RPM, and the I can program/change the color of the LED array too. My YouTube video (at 3:35 time) shows this LED RPM/Shift Light working.

I will try to post up more pictures that I took during this modification.

Bulle and Mark_B like this.

GSX-S1000 ABS 2016 Red\Black

Yoshimura fender delete / Suzuki Front Fairing / Dynojet PowerCommander V / Dynojet Ignition Module / Dynojet Shifter / Dynojet AutoTune / POD-300, Nitrous 40HP Dry shot.

Custom built: Stepped header exhaust / modified Akrapovic titanium-carbon fiber muffler / Suzuki instrument cluster RED backlight / Dynojet POD-300 RED backlight / Headlight halo RED / NOS linear indicator / progressive tach shift light / handlebar switch box for NOS & Halo.

Dallas, Texas

Last edited by GSX-S1K; 12-10-2017 at 10:06 PM.
post #2 of 3 Old 12-11-2017, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Looks good, which cable did you use to get RPM signal?
sangedegsx likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-11-2017, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
its true things are bigger in texas,,,enjoyed the vid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page