20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 12-14-2017, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Schnitz racing ecu flash???

Hey guys, I got my grey gsxs 1000 a couple weeks back and got a whopping 30 min on her. Shocking I know, I love the bike but it's cold here in Maryland. Only had one day of decent weather after the drive home from the dealer. Anyway I felt the insane throttle snatch and found it difficult to drive the bike in town. So my goal here is to fix the throttle and a power increase is always nice so figured I'd try one of the mail in flash services? The bike is bone stock but I do plan to do the arrow or m4 headers with the stock can in 2018. I understand that anything I do with the ecu or any piggyback fuel controllers will need to be retuned when I do the exhaust, but I'm willing to give this a shot with a stock bike if it will make a difference.

Schnitz racing

https://store.schnitzracing.com/schn...x-s1000-15-17/

So I found these guys online when I did a search for ecu flashes for our bikes. They're in illinois which is good as I'd rather not send my ecu to far. Has anyone ever used these guys? Or known someone who has?

Main reason I'm after a mail in tune is I have no experience tuning fuel injection, all my experience is in carbs and 2 strokes. My bike is nice and safe in storage for the winter so it won't be down during riding time. I know there are other mail in services flashtune for example. You guys prefer one over the other?? Thanks for any input
post #2 of 48 Old 12-14-2017, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
From reading that page they don't change the fueling at all which limits the amount they can fix the throttle snatch, they are really just removing restrictions and they do not remove the fuel cut.
post #3 of 48 Old 12-14-2017, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baywatch7737 View Post
Hey guys, I got my grey gsxs 1000 a couple weeks back and got a whopping 30 min on her. Shocking I know, I love the bike but it's cold here in Maryland. Only had one day of decent weather after the drive home from the dealer. Anyway I felt the insane throttle snatch and found it difficult to drive the bike in town. So my goal here is to fix the throttle and a power increase is always nice so figured I'd try one of the mail in flash services? The bike is bone stock but I do plan to do the arrow or m4 headers with the stock can in 2018. I understand that anything I do with the ecu or any piggyback fuel controllers will need to be retuned when I do the exhaust, but I'm willing to give this a shot with a stock bike if it will make a difference.

Schnitz racing

https://store.schnitzracing.com/schn...x-s1000-15-17/

So I found these guys online when I did a search for ecu flashes for our bikes. They're in illinois which is good as I'd rather not send my ecu to far. Has anyone ever used these guys? Or known someone who has?

Main reason I'm after a mail in tune is I have no experience tuning fuel injection, all my experience is in carbs and 2 strokes. My bike is nice and safe in storage for the winter so it won't be down during riding time. I know there are other mail in services flashtune for example. You guys prefer one over the other?? Thanks for any input
Before you start modifying you owe it to yourself (and your bike) to ride the bike more then just 30mins. Get used to the bike and ride for a few thousand kms, talk on the forum in the mean time then use an educated decision about modifications. A lot of the throttle snatch for example can be managed through good throttle control. If your freezing and riding this bike I guess that any bike will feel snatchy, tense cold fingers & hands and dare say brain in those conditions won't help!
Hold off your mods and learn your bike first- probably best advice you will ever get on any bike!
Jeffro
bking1441, KiwiJaZ and TheDude like this.

Last edited by Jeffro; 12-14-2017 at 09:52 PM.

post #4 of 48 Old 12-15-2017, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
i picked up by bike in winter months and rode it home...it was ruff bumpy and throttle was on off.....i did 450 miles and waited for next riding season....after suspension adjusted, tire pressure adjusted..my throttle problems where much better...and after some miles...and a long ride it all came together ,,, my throttle feels great..startups are perfect...throttle is smooth powerful and great gas mileage ......give it some time.......
Tombie likes this.
post #5 of 48 Old 12-15-2017, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
I'll second that.
My engine was really tight when new and has got better and better as time and mileage has rolled on.
Get it broke in properly, check the TPS setting, and see what you think.
It might save you having to slash out for a second reflash when you update the exhaust system
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.

Pull my finger
post #6 of 48 Old 12-16-2017, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
I echo the above comments. My bike's performance has continued to evolve since new....specifically the power delivery. I dont necessarily mean its developed more power but the curve is different when compared to new. I often wonder if the wear on these bikes is designed from a performance perspective. In other words, do they purposefully build and deliver the bike in a certain way because they know once broken in it will be different? (i.e crappy fueling/snatchy at first but smooth at 5000miles)
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #7 of 48 Old 12-16-2017, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
for my bike taking all the free play out of the throttle made a big difference and after 4000 miles it came better not perfect but good enough for me
bking1441 and LEAVEITSTOCK like this.
post #8 of 48 Old 12-19-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok, probably should have mentioned I'd like to have 500 miles or so on the clock before any of this. Some of you mentioned I should ride it more before doing anything, I agree to an extent. But if this reflash from schnitz just removes restrictions and disables pair and servo then it won't hurt anything right? The impression I got reading around on schnitz was that they use woolich software so even though it doesn't say it on the site I'm sure there is a woolich map out there and it may be possible for them to do the standard flash as well as optimize my fuel maps for some extra coin. Am I way off here? I'm glad to hear the bike smooths out some with miles cuz come march the miles are gonna start piling up. The throttle smoothness is about half of this quest, the other half is trying to get some more power out of the bike. Around tax time in 2018 I'll either get arrow headers and use them with my stock can or I'll get the full m4 system this is the time when I'll cross the tuning threshold I guess.
post #9 of 48 Old 12-19-2017, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
more power whats this star trek...i can see for the few that dont have smooth running machines making some adjustments,,,a stocker against a moded with extra 10 hp and 1500 to 2000 dollar investment will not show any advantage in the street...and at the drags maybe a wheel ....this rant is not directed at any member im nuts and its winter
unload and wheelz96 like this.
post #10 of 48 Old 12-22-2017, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
your right, maybe im just being stupid. Either way thanks for the feedback about schnitz. Im gonna try it, ill tell you guys in a couple months how it turned out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page