26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 Old 12-26-2017, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Winter Build started

Dropped off the bike with the builder and starting the build process. Not able to go as wild as I was hoping (was hoping for a 200+ RWHP), but should bring the bike up to maybe just bit faster than I have ridden. Coming from a legit 160 rwhp GSXR to what I am betting is about 130 RWHP bike was just to much drop for me. Hoping to get this bike up to 170 RWHP on pump gas.

So the build:

Replace the CAMs (looking at some GSXR K5-K6 adjustable cams or possibly the ones from PTR in Austraila)
Replacing the valves and springs to handle more power
Mill the head and thinner head gasket to bring compression up (still leaving it safe for 93 pump gas) Current GSXS 12.5:1 GSXR 2005 which our motor came from 12:9:1. Probably shooting for just over 13.5:1
Port and Polish the heads.
Re-spring forks and massage the valving
Re-spring the shock and tweak the stock valving
ECU Flash to remove the Secondary butterfly restrictions, Timing, engine brake, and still looking at what else can be done. (already remove PAIR and Exhaust valve)

Already done
M4 full exhaust
PAIR mod
Bazzaz TC unit for fuel map customizing (used the auto Tune to update the bike from stock after the exhaust)
Installed but haven't tested Brembo front RC 19 master cylinder (Stock unit was crap 3/4" of lever travel before pressure is applied to the pads)
Installed but haven't tested Spiegler Front and rear lines. (Spiegler is making a kit for the non ABS from my lines, as I live 40 minutes from their shop)
Installed but haven't ridden yet LSL Drag bar from Spiegler. With my short upper body my arm angle to the bars was pretty much horizontal so I had no forward angle to help absorb throttle changes with my body. Lowering the bars a couple inches will make it much better for me. And looking at the competitors sure seemed their bars were already at that level I want.

Hopefully will get a baseline dyno run, but not sure if the builder will get access to a dyno before he starts the tear down.

Will update this thread as I get more information on details of the motor work.

Last edited by ChrisOH; 12-28-2017 at 11:53 AM.
post #2 of 56 Old 12-27-2017, 04:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Sounds great Chris.
Best of luck with the build. I for one will be interested to see how you get on.
Are you going to use the GSXR valves? They are titanium and should make it safer to up the Rev limit.

Pull my finger
post #3 of 56 Old 12-27-2017, 04:39 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
sounds like your doing it right...not just using the magic plug in stuff.....your going for it gotta like that...this will be one of the better threads....thanks and goodluck

post #4 of 56 Old 12-27-2017, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Need to see the drag bar.
post #5 of 56 Old 12-27-2017, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sigi View Post
I,d like to take a drag
post #6 of 56 Old 12-28-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
https://spieglerusa.com/controls/han...g-bar-4491.htm

I will get some pictures when I get the bike back.

Some notes I got on the bar though:
1. They may not have as much pull back as the stock bars as even with the reduction in height the Clutch cables barely made it to the mounting location (with enough slack for turning).
2. The bar has a degree scale on the center so you can tell the vertical angle. I have mine I think at +2 to get some clearance when turning the bars. I still have to check clearance with the Side panels on.
3. The one thing I am disappointed in is that they did not leave the end inner diameter big enough to put a standard bar end on. I am going to try and see if I can find some vibration foam or something to spray/glue in.
4. Eyeballing it the bars are now about an 1" higher than the top of the tank.

From the little bit I have sat on it I like the new feel. Since my upper body is for someone 5' 3" but my leg length is for someone 6'2" I just didn't like how high the stock bars were
post #7 of 56 Old 12-28-2017, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVEITSTOCK View Post
I,d like to take a drag
Ok, now that can go many ways.....

Well I will also be playing dress up with the bike with some Vinyl wrap.... The orange will be more neon orange though. BTW why does suzuki design the fenders not to be removed from the bike? You can't drop the fender straight down, it won't come through the forks. Really hate scratching newly painted fenders just to install them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Suzuki-1000-GSX-S Vinyl Wrap.jpg (292.5 KB, 88 views)
post #8 of 56 Old 12-28-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Sounds great Chris.
Best of luck with the build. I for one will be interested to see how you get on.
Are you going to use the GSXR valves? They are titanium and should make it safer to up the Rev limit.
I will be using Titanium Valves, but not sure if they will be from GSXR or aftermarket depending on dimensions. Motor work on this bike was like trying to find Waldo for parts. The only place that has anything for it was PTR in Australia.
post #9 of 56 Old 12-28-2017, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Remove wheel, drop fender.
post #10 of 56 Old 12-28-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Remove wheel, drop fender.
It still will not come out cleanly with the wheel removed. It wont get it past the bottom of the fork tube without forcing it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page