Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum

Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum (https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/)
-   GSXS 1000 Appearance and Modifications (https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1000-appearance-modifications/)
-   -   Mirrors (https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1000-appearance-modifications/39962-mirrors.html)

ellz.draego 01-25-2018 04:39 PM

Mirrors
 
Hi guys!
Really want to change the mirrors on my red/black 2016 GSXS but I don't want bar end ones.

The mirrors on the 2017 GSXSF look really nice... But I'm not sure if they will suit my naked version.

Any advice?

Can you recommend

DenverYZF 01-26-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellz.draego (Post 338674)
Hi guys!
Really want to change the mirrors on my red/black 2016 GSXS but I don't want bar end ones.

The mirrors on the 2017 GSXSF look really nice... But I'm not sure if they will suit my naked version.

Any advice?

Can you recommend

Might want to have a look at this thread: https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1...3-mirrors.html ;)

gixxerjasen 01-26-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverYZF (Post 338810)
Might want to have a look at this thread: https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1...3-mirrors.html ;)

A lot of talk, but very little specific information in that thread.

Beerded Wanderer 01-26-2018 10:40 AM

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Universal-CNC...d=581437061096
I use these, they say they don't fit but they do. Not better than stock but look nicer and lower profile. Ordered without logo, but came with rizoma printed on it, oh well.

G-Dub 01-26-2018 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had assumed the naked and F had the same mirrors, but upon close inspection of pics, it looks like the F has a bulkier mirror with a shell around it and the naked has a typical flat mirror. After putting extenders on mine to be able to see around my arms, they worked well, but really looked gosh-awful - reminds me of those little demons in the movie Gremlins. Not sure the reasons you want to change, but I don't think the F mirrors would be any kind of advantage on the naked. We have some warming today, so looking forward to trying out my new CRG bar-ends this afternoon.

ellz.draego 01-26-2018 11:57 AM

Thanks for the advice and the link... I'll check it out

lee711 01-26-2018 12:35 PM

I have a set of these on my naked, great quality, solid units, a bit fiddly to set up initially as all planes of movement are secured with allen grub screws so take a hex key out with you for fettling, but once sorted they are an excellent product. https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/rear...responsivetab5

https://puig.tv/images/header-retrov...-destacada.jpg

ellz.draego 01-26-2018 02:50 PM

I really like those buddy...
Sold... Next Mod... Well after my braided brake lines. ?

G-Dub 01-26-2018 10:01 PM

CRG Bar End Mirrors
 
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but this doesn't seem to warrant its own thread and I thought it might fit here for people looking at mirror options.

I tried out the CRG Lanesplitter mirrors this evening. For the initial ride I left the stock mirrors in place for comparison. The CRGs are smaller, but since they are slightly convex have about the same field of view as stock, if not a little more. As a result, everything appears a little smaller, but there is zero vibration like in the stock, so the apparent resolution is similar. It is a good field of view with no obstructions.

After removing the stock mirrors, it may have been my imagination, but it seemed like there was less wind noise and the air was smoother. (I cut about 3" off the top of a windscreen which virtually eliminated buffeting to the helmet.) With my cut-down screen, it completely changed the look of, and from the front of the bike.

The downsides: there are some mental adjustments I have to make, like looking slightly down for the mirrors and learning distances with the smaller image, especially at night. Also, when the sun is directly behind you, it catches it when it's higher in the sky.

So far very happy with the setup. I used the CRG mounting adapters and am going to look for a longer bolt so I can re-install the stock bar end weights.

mike d 01-27-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Dub (Post 339058)
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but this doesn't seem to warrant its own thread and I thought it might fit here for people looking at mirror options.

I tried out the CRG Lanesplitter mirrors this evening. For the initial ride I left the stock mirrors in place for comparison. The CRGs are smaller, but since they are slightly convex have about the same field of view as stock, if not a little more. As a result, everything appears a little smaller, but there is zero vibration like in the stock, so the apparent resolution is similar. It is a good field of view with no obstructions.

After removing the stock mirrors, it may have been my imagination, but it seemed like there was less wind noise and the air was smoother. (I cut about 3" off the top of a windscreen which virtually eliminated buffeting to the helmet.) With my cut-down screen, it completely changed the look of, and from the front of the bike.

The downsides: there are some mental adjustments I have to make, like looking slightly down for the mirrors and learning distances with the smaller image, especially at night. Also, when the sun is directly behind you, it catches it when it's higher in the sky.

So far very happy with the setup. I used the CRG mounting adapters and am going to look for a longer bolt so I can re-install the stock bar end weights.

I had those on my last bike and my observations mirror yours (see what I did there). ;)
Quality optics with a good field of view, but everything is smaller. They were also vibration free on my other bike. I've been tempted to get a pair for my F, but I'm pretty happy with the stock set up so I haven't bothered (yet). If it cleans up the air flow to take the stock mirrors off, that would be a plus, but I haven't notice much turbulence anyway. I'd be interested in your feedback after you've racked up some more miles with them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.